• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone been up to Mantrap or Elk lately. Going up this Thurs-Sun to fish for the Mighty Musky. Any luck? Hopefully the lakes haven't turned over yet. These are 2 beautiful lakes and I try to go up every fall to give it a try. smile.gif

Hey Man,

I was on Mantrap on sunday and didn't evan see a muskie. I did catch a nice Northern PIke. I would say maybe

try to troll a big sucker minnow around. There was alot of

weeds floating around the lake so maybe turnover is starting. Give us a report on how you do.

Fished Mantrap and Elk for a total of about 30 hours. Had about 15 very lazy follows. A couple blowups on a topwater. It was windier than all hell, and I HATE fishing in the wind. Couldn't find much cabbage to save my life. Still a lot of junk weeds shallow. The reeds are dead. My brother caught a couple of nice northerns. That was all we had to show for our efforts. We tried shallow, deep, and in between. I hope anyone else has better luck than me. frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

my father guided a half day on the trap today, only one hit but it was a big fish. My father said it was the biggest freshwater fish he has ever felt. the fish hit a 14" northern colored Jake in about 18' of water. he handed the fish off to a client who proceeded to loss the fish, he said was on for about 5 minutes and took a good amount of drag. the 51 i caght this summer didnt take much drag so i am gonna speculate that this fish was most likely in the low to mid 50" range. it could be a start of something good. i hope i can get one this week end. Jonah

Quote:

My father said it was the biggest freshwater fish he has ever felt. The fish hit a 14" northern colored Jake in about 18' of water. He handed the fish off to a client who proceeded to loss the fish, he said was on for about 5 minutes and took a good amount of drag. The 51 I caught this summer didnt take much drag so I am gonna speculate that this fish was most likely in the low to mid 50" range.

shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Good luck on your quest, Jonah!! Let us know how it goes...