• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heres what happens to backstraped deer the following year

tjm

I hit this buck just above the shoulder and under the spine.That year he was about a 140 class 8 pointer

I figured this deer would run off and never be seen again.Well he had a perfect slug hole in 1 ear from the shotgun season.Well the following year i saw this buck under my stand.Same hole in the ear but was his rack ever messed up.Being i had put some time in this deer the year before i figured he would be a nice 1 to take for memory.

This is what he looked like the next year

scan0015.jpg

Still a dandy though.

Maybe I miss read it, but I thought you said in one of your other posts that you didn't have any mounts?

Something similar happened to a buck that I shot 2 years ago. It is a very nice buck that I got on the wall now but anyways when skinning out the deer we found an arrow head imbedded right near the spin on the right side of the body. No its got an 8 inch droptine coming out by the base on the left side of the rack. I wish I knew how to post pics here so I could post a pic.

Send me a pic browning I wil post it for you.

gregm at ironwood (Contact Us Please)

Ron

Do you see a red X or nothing at all??

Are you from utica if so where abouts we might just head over that way in a couple weeks when the bucks start to heat up and try some antler crashing.

Very nice Browning

Kinda weird how the antlers on the other side of the injury grow goofy.I shot an 11 pointer 15 years ago that had a broadhead stuck in the right shoulder.The broadhead was stuck in about half way.The right leg was locked up he had not used it in some time.The hoof was about 8" long.The left antler was half the size and all the points grew down not up.I'll try and look for some picks of that 1.The rack was small about a 110 class buck but it was kewl.Wish it was as big as yours i would of put it on the wall too

tjm---yeah its amazing how some deer can survive with some of the injuries they get. I personally have seen two deer killed that have been stuck by arrows at some point(and then killed in rifle season). I wonder why the antlers get affected so much from these wounds. Well looking at other topics I see you stuck a pretty nice one recently....congrats and thanks again perchking for posting that pic