• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I heard Ottertail turned over about 10 days ago, and was wondering if anyone fished it this past weekend during the duck opener. We were out shooting ducks and I'm planning on heading up tomorrow (Wednesday). Any info would be appreciated in regards to the bite. Shallow? Deep? Lots of fish, no fish?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering about the bite too. Did you have any luck? We did really well last year mid-October on OT. We'll be heading up tomorrow morning and fishing tomorrow afternoon/evening and Saturday. Is anyone fishing OT or is it good and nobody wants to let the word out?

I fished OT last Sat. evening.I went out at 10 pm and returned at 11:30 with a 19" and 17" while releasing a 27" and a 23".I was using a Firetiger #9 original floating minnow in 6'-8' of water.I use Fireline so it gets that crank down to where I want it.The fall bite is on.

Thanks for posting some reports on Ottertail. I never made it out fishing after my initial post. The duck hunting has been so good that I've been hunting instead every chance I get. Hope to make it out fishing next week.

Thanks for the report. Last year we nailed them around this time with Lindy's and leeches in 16-17 fow. The biggest one (9 lb) came around 7-7:30 pm on a small leech (less than 2 inches long). My buddy that knows the lake well and fishes it often always says "big hooks, big minnows" for OT but that was not the case then for us. In the middle of August we did really well trolling raps on flats in 8-10 fow at night so we'll probably start off with Lindy's in the afternoon and switch to raps at dusk if the lindys aren't working.