• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Duck Hunting in the Bemidji area

Any idea on how the duck hunting is in the Bemidji area? Will be up there in a couple weeks. Just looking for some reports. Any info. would be great. Thanks!

Mossy, I went out both Sat and Sunday and we shot 10 for the weekend between 3 of us. alot flying Sat morning, but after that nothing. we shot ringnecks, 1 golden eye, teal, and mallards. Saw bluebills, woodies, and redheads, and acouple geese. Time for a new lake i reckon

Thanks for the ifo. Jeremiah! My brother goes to school up there and he hunts different areas but he was down here for opener. We like to go up there towards the end of October, because usually by then, there are great numbers of divers that have moved into the area. Well we will see how it goes in a couple of weeks. Good luck the rest of the season!

• 3 weeks later...

Jeremiah, any new reports of new birds coming into the area? I will be up there next Wed. just seeing if more birds have moved into the area after the cold front last week. Thanks!

I havnt been out since last monday, we shot ringnecks and thats it. The nubmers are starting to dwindle. My friends did really well after the 1st cold front, the limited out on ringnecks in 1.5hrs, but that was last Thursday the 12th. Im going to head out again this week and i'll be able to tell you some more hopefully good news!

I just spent three days around lake wabedo, grouse hunting and duck hunting on the beaver dams, we saw 3 ducks in three days of hunting, didn't get a single one. Saw absolutely nothing in the air for three days.....