• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Score this buck and i'll take you hunting for 2 days any season

tjm

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tjm

• harvey lee

• lawdog

• B mac

Top Posters In This Topic

That deer is a true toad i will score it at 173@5/8. If i am not the winner hopefully who ever gets has a chance at a real monster like this one. Great deer congrats R.J.

Quote:

Still no 1 has hit the number.Scores are recorded in 1/8 2/8 3/8 4/8 5/8 6/8 7/8

1/4 1/2 and 3/4 will be broke down to 2/8 4/8 6/8

Several people with the same numbers so this is kinda like scouting for deer.How bad do ya wanna go deer hunting check out the scores before ya post 1 not to double up 1st person with that score owns rights to it if he or she wins

So far we have a tie going on but no one has hit inbetween as of yet.I think i can get someone a good buck but 2 hmmmm

If we have a 2 way tie i hope 1 of you like to muzzy hunt 1st weekend in Dec.Geez i never even looked at the dates this year i hope it's open then.

Without a picture, this whole post is getting to be a joke. I'm starting to wonder what kind of a hoax you're trying to pull? Is there really a dead deer? Not really the way to gain people's respect and admiration, if thats what you're after.

I kind of agree Blackjack. I think its funny. This is like the Mitch Rompola thing for FM'ers. I wanna see some bone!! Pictures (with faces) dead deer, sheds, decent quality photography, something.

TJM is human isnt he??

Come on guys. An 8pt like that is worth some money...the story, the animal, the whole deal. If not cash, then at least the opportunity to be in some mags or videos. I'd take my time too before getting excited and letting the cat out of the bag.

Once the story breaks somewhere, it's probably not as valuable.

Unreal buck....it's got to be the biggest MN 8pt ever...how old do you think it is? 5 1/2?

If I saw the deer and its teeth then one might be able to judge it.If there is plenty of mineral around that will help the antler growth for the deer.

If it is a record 8pt,then it will have its value,and it wont change.

I don't see the 8pt classification - mainframe possibly, is there not a G4 on his left side? My earlier question, are we talking gross score? I can't wait to see a better pic of that bruiser! He is a shat your pants and fall out of your stand buck.

Quote:

I kind of agree Blackjack. I think its funny. This is like the Mitch Rompola thing for FM'ers. I wanna see some bone!! Pictures (with faces) dead deer, sheds, decent quality photography, something.

AND a B&C scoresheet to back up whatever huge number comes out...

tjm,I would not advertise all these monster bucks to much or your hunting area will get over run with new hunters and poachers.

My 2nd try, this one should be right on the money sorry guys I forgot about no 2nd quesses.

Whoa! Hold on right there.

We can't have multiple guesses, how's that fair?

Call your buddies and let them have a shot at it, maybe.

I didn't see anywhere TJM said we could keep guessing????

Besides David Frank already guessed that one. tongue.gif

Thank you B mac

Guess i tried to say that a few post back when BLB asked the same question without saying awhole lot.Figured as smart as most seem to be in here they would have figured that all out.

I'm holding out for a couple reasons

1 being i was told until things were all said and done with no pics no stories.9 am this morning i met with someone to close the deal.

I was not in this for money until i made a call about a story in a magazine for free was my thinking i just wanted the deer shown.I was offered a lil more then 1 could pass under certain rules.So for that amount i guess i can follow a few rules

1 thing has turned into another.Story/pics are all said and done with.Where the deer will be for the next 5 years is pretty much all said and done with.Last thing were working on are the replicas( That i never even thought about until it was talked about how it would be handled)Not sure who would want 1 but it must be a big deal to some

it would not be right to show the rest of the people who have'nt voted a pic of me holding it.I stated several pages back the pics would not be posted until fri 11:59pm.I figured by then everything we been working on will be all said and done with.I had lost my vioce for 2 days.We were to meet over this back then but i postponed it due to that fact i did'nt want to look like some freakin (Contact Us Please) who had to whisper

I guess i could be realy in for the money if thats what i wanted.I could call the bow company up.I could call the arrow company up.Clothes i had on.Boots scent all that crap.Not what i wanted but 1 thing led into another and i'm more then happy at the moment

It's not that this deer is that big.What makes it a big deal is the fact it's an 8 pointer.I have couple other deer that score more then this 1.What are they worth?? well everything to me to everyone else hmmm maybe on E-Bay a couple grand

So if i ofended anyone over this post i'm sorry.Been a stressful last few days.No voice no sleep no showing my buck off not telling my story.Kinda like holding a bone infront of a dog but he knows to stay in the place his master told him to sit in until he gets the ok.So to help pass time and keep me being apart of the buck i been spending time in here more and more.

You dont even have a clue how hard it's been not to send a pic or post them in here.I spent 3 hours on the phone last night to my brothers in Alaska.For 3 hours all we talked about was deer hunting.So all that did was add fuel to the fire once i got off the phone.Matter of fact i sent them 2 pics both pics were of this buck alive.Now how hard do ya think that was.My own brothers.So far the guys that were hunting have been tight not saying a whole lot.I'm sure they want to tell the town as well.I did send the green score out to a couple guys this morning

I also do look forward to the pics as this will be not the average 8 pointer for sure. smile.gif

harvey lee

My hunting range is almost a 100 miles.I dont hunt the same area.I might hunt this weekend 40 miles from where i took this buck at.I sent a guy this morning to a stand i put up 3 years ago.I saw a 140-145 class 10 pointer there before the beans had turned yellow.I figured he was probly back and the wind was outa the right direction.Thats 4 miles from my house

Nice bucks can be found.When i go places my spotting scope comes with me.I leave an hour before i need to be at a certain place and start looking for bucks.

Next year i might hunt 75 miles from this area i have no idea.If i see a big buck and can get the ok from a few farmers i'm there

This is good or you know how much company you might have.

I know what you are going through with not telling anyone right now as last year I took a very nice 10 and when I got back to the house after hunting there were approx 10 others guys there talking.I wanted to tell my son and buddies but could not as then they would have know I stuck another and they would have known where.

I hunt on 1100 acres and its only 2 square miles so I cannot hide where I shot it.For some reason all the locals where I hunt think we have the biggest bucks in the area and they have land that abuts where we hunt.

Shikellamy

is the winner((((( CONGRATS )))) E-mail me at tjmalaskan

atyahoo

(Contact Us Please)

Number of Points: 8

Greatest Spread: 27 1/8 inches

Total Deductions: 9 inches

Final Score: 181 5/8

Take the 9 off will give you the green net score.After dry time it's going to be close if he makes the book or not

I'll make a call and see if i can post some pics (now)

The original copy has a pic of the antlers i tried to cut and paste that portion of the full score sheet but only half the sheet shows up on here.Once i get the ok i'll just post the whole sheet with the antlers attached to it along with some great pics

For those asking about the sticker point.Yes it has 1.It's a main frame 8.When they score the antlers there is a sepperate place that asks for extra points extending off the main points attached to the main frame.Those are called deductions.When you look at the score you see 9 deduction points.Half that 9 is from that kicker comming off the tine.If he did not have that extra point he would indeed make the book.

All said and done i know 90% are still going to call it a 9 pointer.

For those who sent me an e-mail telling me to put a 2x4 between the antlers during the dry time period so it wont shrink.No thanks i'll take what ever score i get and be happy with that.It's a big deer no matter what the score is i'm happy.I'm sure someone will send me mail asking why i did not bust off that kicker too.Besides that the rack/hide is no longer in my hands on it's way to the taxidermy shop.Once the dry time period is up the deer will be open for everyone to see

tjm

I am a little lost.You talk about it making the book if it doesnt lose to many points after drying.It was a bow kill correct?

Pope&Young is for bow kills and the book min. score is 125.

Your figuring a Boone&Crockett score for the 170 score.

It will make Pope&Young.