• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bring on the playoffs!!!

Bobby Bass

Even though the Twins lost what an entertaining game.. Don't ever count the Twins out they own the last 3 innings of a ball game and can make a comeback. I think these last few games are just setting us up for the playoffs, This should be a fun time for any baseball fan even Windy should enjoy the ride.. Go Twins grin.gif

Bobby Bass,

I'm lovin the preview so far. You will have to see some of my posts to other threads in here. What are your fans thinking? The colons are really kinking up there in Twinkie ville. Some of the guys are saying the Twinks should sit Mauer so he can BACK INTO THE TITLE!!! What a bunch of weenies. Take it the way you have been taking it all year, or at least after you started 12 games under! They look like a team that has forgotten how to play the game. Let Mauer take his 4 or 5 AB's tomorrow and EARN the title. As far as letting guys rest...Hey, my beloved Pale Hose will get plenty of rest after tomorrow and if the Twinks don't turn this around they will be joining my boys in about a week after that!!! Just my .02 Windy

Twins lose-TIGERS lose last game is a big game, going to come right down to the last game that is the way it should be..

Bobby,

You see what I mean, a little testastarone goes along way. Good things happen when you go for it! Mauer played, didn't sit it out the way some posters on here wanted him to and look what happened. Twinks win, Kitties lose in extra so Mauer goes 2-4 and wins the title while the Twinks win the division. Has to be one of the biggest crashes in history. Mood is probably as low in Motown as it is high in Twinkie-ville. Pretty calm here in the Windy. We are observers this year instead of participants though it is about 45 minutes from kick off for my beloved Bears....DA BEARS! Windy

biggest crashes in history??? You bet!! And the Twins went past not one, but two teams with a big crash!! Both the White Sox and Tigers owned a +10 game lead on the Twins in late AUG. That spells double crash, and the biggest modern day baseball comeback in history, becasue the Twins passed two GREAT teams, not just one. You would think that with 2 teams in front of the Twins and each playing each other about 30 times, (Tigers/ Sox. Tigers/Twins. Sox/Twins) being 10 out it would be nearly impossible with teams beating each other up,, but the Twins proved otherwise and this should go down in MLB history as not only one of the biggest chokes ever, but likely two, casue without the WC, the Tigers would replace the 69' Cubs and 64' Phils as the master choke artist. MY GOODNESS, think about that for a sec!!! and than fact that Detriot lost it's last FIVE games of the year and last 3 agst the supposed worst team in baseball!!!!,,, and the Tigers led KC 5-0 on FRI and 6-0 on SUN,,, only to lose both games plus the Sat game. WAY TO GO KC!!!!!

PLAYOFFS!!! Again? ho-hum this is getting tiresome-- division champs 4 out of 5 years ho-hum.... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif The GM and manager and staff deserve a lot of credit fot consistent winning like that. They just seem to know talent and how to develop it in the minors. GOOD JOB!!!!

NOW... if Silva can pitch in the playoffs like his last one, and Radke can keep his arm on a couple more weeks, and Santana can avoid a long ball, and Bonzer can keep em in the ballpark..... should be FUN!!! wink.gif

Soldon,

I figured I would put this in before Commanche Jim does.

You forgot to add the last item to your list....

NO RINGS....HO HUM! ZING!!!

Windy

Soldon,

You have a lot of "ifs" in that last post. Here's another "if"....

If my grandma had a "johnson" she would be my grandpa!

LOL Windy

Have to edit this post alittle:

In re: to Ring/Zing:

Ol' Windmaster, as a DJ, you know what I gotta add-

"But that was yesterday, and yesterday's gone!"

In re: to "johnson":

Windy, you are using that out of context on Soldon. Your "joke" is usable for past events and "if only...." like when you think "if only the WSox had not given up 2 weeks ago", but Soldon is wishing on future playoff events so we will see who has the "johnson" - your grandma or his.

NOW onto some serious baseball while I erase the collapse in '69 being the worst ever in my memory banks --- THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU K.C. (and Tigers too)!

I didn't forget anything on MY list. Looks like 4 out of 5 div. championships "stuck in your craw" a little? touchy, touchy! You always touchy when the SUX come in third???? confused.gif

Quote:

I didn't forget anything on MY list. Looks like 4 out of 5 div. championships "stuck in your craw" a little? touchy, touchy! You always touchy when the SUX come in third????

LOL, I am rolling!! I can just hear the voice tone and it's hilarious!! grin.gif

Bring on the Playoffs???? Why??? My Redbirds are going down, it's just like adding salt to an open wound grin.gif

I'm predicting a Padres Sweep! wink.gif

Tim, don't get so down on your squad... anything can happen now... and it may all just be positive for your redbirds.... we'll see. grin.gif

Buzzy - I am trying bud, but backing into the post season and losing what 9 of your last 11 games is tough to get amped up for. Our bullpen is in shambles.. Everyone I know is picking San Diego and rightly so they have good starting pitching and the 3rd rated bullpen in the major leagues. Will see what happens this afternoon.

Quote:

Soldon,

I figured I would put this in before Commanche Jim does.

You forgot to add the last item to your list....

NO RINGS....HO HUM! ZING!!!

Windy

Keep living in the past. Other than last year your team has been dominated by the Twins. Beeooootch would be a good word to describe them. Another one would be chokers!

I didn't forget anything on MY list. Looks like 4 out of 5 div. championships "stuck in your craw" a little? touchy, touchy! You always touchy when the SUX come in third????

You don't get a trophy, a ring, the "World Champions" label and a 2 million person ticker tape parade for winning the division.

Commanche,

Maybe they do get a ticket tape parade in Twinkie Town for just winning the division. Not much else going on there. Certainly nothing to speak of from the Queens! High five me on DA BEARS! Windy

I don't know if Twinkieville or anyone can ever match the ticker tape the Sox had last year. I just don't know if anyone will ever have the opportunity to save up 100 years of confetti again.

Just ask the Cubbies, they have a vault full of confetti just waitin to get used up...KEEP WAITIN! Windy

Oh windy my friend how can you rub it in to o'l geno, he's a die hard cubs fan and you gotta respect that. Being a cubs fan is tough enough but to rub confetti in it, well that's not very gentlemanly of you grin.gif

CNY,

If you can't hit a good man when he's down, when can you. Besides, Geno is probably bubbling over with new found confidence now that his beloved Cubbies are on a new course to victory. Dump McPhail, Dump Dusty, Dump Dump Dump and WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR. GO GO GO Joe, Girardi He's our man if he can't do it....WAIT TILL THE NEXT YEAR!

Congrats on dumping the Pads. Nice! Good luck, wouldn't mind seeing the Red Birds take the whole enchilada. I was always a huge Tony The Tiger fan, Windy

Yes Tim, Windy is a master at deflection.

Don't think I didn't notice what you did Windy. Rather than respond directly about the WSox drought, you chose to move the discussion off your team and towards mine - smooth!

Ta da dump, ta da dump, ta da dump, dump, dump!