• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Remember to Nock another Arrow

SartellMN

I was on stand tonight. The deer came in. Being Friday evening, I figured it would be a great time to get a Doe. I get 3 under my stand at 20 yards. I take a shot, and I thought I hit. Turns out I missed.

Anyway, I thought to myself to nock another arrow. Since I heard the deer I shot fall down (so I thought), I decided not to. So, the rest of the deer begin walking toward my stand! Right underneath me, at about 8 yards, this monster Doe goes broadside and stops and looks into the woods under my stand for almost a minute. IF I WOULD HAVE LISTENED TO MY FIRST INSTINCT, I WOULD HAVE HER! She was one of the biggest does that I have seen.

So, lessen learned. Hopefully, since the deer eventually walked off in a huff without spoting me, I hope they will come back in a few days.

I agree totally!!! Opener I had a doe broadside at 35 yards...missed her clean....she ran about 150 yards to the other side of the field and came right back to me to check me out.....I sat there dumbfounded as she was standing 10 yards away looking at me and my arrows were still in the quiver......as soon as i reached for one she was gone.....I still laugh by butt off everytime I think about it.