• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who would have thought....

nofishfisherman

I fished Crystal Lake in Burnsville from shore last night from 5-7pm and I caught my first walleye out of that lake, although it was small probably 6-8 inches. I have never heard of anyone catching one out of Crystal lake before. It has always been bass, pike, and crappies in the past.

So they are apparently in there, has anyone ever targeted walleye on this lake before or ever caught a decent sized one by accident?

I have never caught a wally or sauger out of crystal. Maybe it's from new stocking being that it was a fingerling/yearling.

Or it could be stocked by locals or maybe migrated through water drainage from other nearby lakes?

was it a sauger? there was a lone sauger caught in the DNR's nets during there last survey. The sauger was suspected a result of an illegal stocking.

Hahaha! I read this a couple of days ago, then yesterday my Dad and I went there and he caught a 13" walleye at Crysttal on a jointed shad rap. shocked.gif

Well thats two in the last few days.

I am sure it was a walleye.

Maybe I will have to go back and see if this is a trend or a mirage.

I caught mine on the north side in about 6 feet of water.

I have fished Crystal since the Mid 70's I have heard of only a couple of walleyes caught out of it. I have not personally seen one but that dosn't mean they arn't there. I just think they have a very low population.

Mwal