• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What will you or are you shooting?

eyepatrol

Browning Gold Hunter in Shadow Grass. I picked it up mid season last year and was very very happy with it.

Quote:

Fishnfowl-

You bought that gun from Jim! I saw the ad yesterday, emailed jim then immediately called my brother about it. He was scrambling to find a computer to see the pics. About 1 hour later I got an email from jim saying it was sold! Now I know who the culpret is!!!

Wow, congrats on an awesome gun (at an awesome price)!

Thanks! It worked great this weekend knockin' down ringnecks and honkers that's for sure. I'm guessing you meant John, not Jim (unless we are talking about different situations which is very unlikely). It really was the perfect deal for me. I picked up the shopper thinking there'd be the same old nothing and there it was. It's everything I was looking for. Great gun in immaculate shape at a very reasonable price. It made my opener that much more fun!

Nothing against the 870's cuz i like most others started out with that gun, but as far as ppl saying the gun shoots straight, I dont think so. Pumps, 870 especially have a tendency to shoot high. Learned that little tip from a pro at a sporting clays shoot some years ago. I went home and did some test patterns and sure as s--t it did shoot high. So I dont know if thats what some consider shooting straight, but not in this guys eyes! I then bought a Beretta 390 Silver Mallard. Gun worked great shooting 7/8 oz. trap loads with ease. I had that for 2 years and then traded it in for my 26 in. Gold 3.5 in Shadow Grass with the Patternmaster! I've been shooting that same gun for over 6 years now with no break downs. Everyone once and again I need to give er a little lube shot in the action, but otherwise the gun has never failed me. As long as the gas recoil system is clean it will cycle the 7/8 oz loads fine.

Shoot an SX2 NWTF 24" barrel. Sounds strange but I shoot better with it than any other shotgun I own. If its a nasty slough or realllly nasty weather I go back to ol' relaible. You guessed it 870!

Quote:

Nothing against the 870's cuz i like most others started out with that gun, but as far as ppl saying the gun shoots straight, I dont think so. Pumps, 870 especially have a tendency to shoot high. Learned that little tip from a pro at a sporting clays shoot some years ago. I went home and did some test patterns and sure as s--t it did shoot high. So I dont know if thats what some consider shooting straight, but not in this guys eyes! I then bought a Beretta 390 Silver Mallard. Gun worked great shooting 7/8 oz. trap loads with ease. I had that for 2 years and then traded it in for my 26 in. Gold 3.5 in Shadow Grass with the Patternmaster! I've been shooting that same gun for over 6 years now with no break downs. Everyone once and again I need to give er a little lube shot in the action, but otherwise the gun has never failed me. As long as the gas recoil system is clean it will cycle the 7/8 oz loads fine.

well if 870's don't shoot straight, I have done well to compensate because these last few years I have been straight up pounding the birds...think I missed 1 duck I shot at this weekend! I do have a tru-glo sight on there so that might make it shoot higher than normal.

SA/wdw

Quote:

Nothing against the 870's cuz i like most others started out with that gun, but as far as ppl saying the gun shoots straight, I dont think so. Pumps, 870 especially have a tendency to shoot high.

I've had my 870 for about 25 years now and could probably fill a couple of freezers with what I've shot with it, ducks, pheasants, deer. And Old Reliable was with me on Sat, the 11-87 stayed home. To each his own, but give me something reliable vrs pretty and fancy in the duck blind.