• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where's the closest Prairie Dog town ?

Valv

Interested in sighting in the new AR-15, where is the closest prairie dog town from here ?

I know SD has many but they are not just around the corner.

The deal went through huh? put up a picture of that bad boy.... I found in my AR, with 1:9 twist that I shoot the 50 grain American Eagle HP flat bases, extremely well. Steer clear of the Wolf Ammunition Val, you will be gald you did.....

Yes deal went through, not quite as I planned, I bought a DPMS Panther Bull Twenty.

Downside is they don't have any in stock, timeframe is 4 weeks frown.gif , but my friend dealer told me last time he ordered one it came in 5 days.

I am buying a scope for it, I'm undecided between a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15x50 or a Nikon Monarch UCC 5.5-16.5x44

pretty sure either one of those will be a good choice, I am assuming it is a flat top, have you figured out the mounting yet?

I have a couple bowling pins around the house I was going to auger out so I can put some re-rod into....set them out them 300-400 yards if Le Suere would let me....

It's a little expensive but I would like an Armalite, or Bushmaster or DPMS 1 piece mount.

I am studying on this, having a picatinny rail I can mount a handle and front sight in the future and use it this way sometimes.

I like the looks of the 1 piece but decided to get my caller instead of a new scope mount. Search for olympic arms owners association, they have a lot of useful ar-15 information without the bashing you see on other websites

NIKON, dont waste your time with the bushnell, i do alot of prairie doggin and optics are very key. Good luck with the new AR! my bro has a Bushmaster VBAR .223 it is alright but i prefer my bolt HB thumbhole 22-250 but the blackguns are NICE!!

I have never cared for Bushnell scopes.I now own one on my 300 mag[bushnell Elite] and it has been a very good scope for me.It transmits light well,clarity is good and I can make some pretty good long range shots with it.I also have some Leupold scopes and believe me this new scope is not bad at all.

West of River, Missouri that is. I do have the Nikon you are referring to and love it. Do not have the Bushnell on anything so cannot compare that way for you. I will make one suggestion in that you consider the Nikon 6.5 x 20 instead. Will be going out west to shoot PD's next year again. If you are interested I could possibly (Ok, easily) be pursuaded to go a second time. Just don't have time this fall to make it out between being forced to fall fish and deer hunt. Good luck on your decision.

WG