• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Silva - Not on my playoff roster!

Willy

I wouldn't put this guy on the roster. He gives the team no value. In the bullpen we have long guys that are better than him. They said they are going to bring 11 guys for the pitching staff.

Here are my 11:

1. Santana

2. Boofy

3. Radke (if he can't - Garza)

BP

Garza

Guerrier

Crain

Rincon

Reyes

Nathan

Baker

Perkins

Those guys will get the job done. In '87 we only had 2 good starters and our bullpen is better this year.

I just don't want to see Silva in there at all facing the Yankees. I would rather put my trust in a couple rookies than him with the season he is having. He just doesn't have it together.

I agree!! Did anybody see when they pulled head case, err I mean Silva out and Gardy was patting him on the chest consoling him? That guy has to be as big a head case as Lohse!! I spoke up about Silva before and then he wins three and I get hammered on... well, I'm back to saying he's an inconsistant tool!

Santana

Bonser, if Radke isn't ready

Garza

OK I will jump on the band wagon too. I have stuck it out all year thinking he would trun it around, but now that it is crunch time I really dont want him on the playoff roster. I would rather have a bullpin guy start than him. Or just go with 3 (4) if Radke can go. If he cant at least I get to go to his last start. Should be great night at the dome tonight.

He is not starter material. I don't think he was a starter prior to being a Twin???? Middle relief at best, he has had a few good outings, but when he is off, man is he off. 10-15 record isn't gonna cut it. Even I could hit that belt high fastball with no movement.

I agree with Buzz, he is a headcase, but how could you not be, having stuff you know is good, but just seem to find in regularly. I think Radke pitches tonight, man I hope that goes well....If not we have a weak starting lineup with barely any playoff experience. I mean if Garza and Bonser start, the have more starts in the minors than in the majors I believe, I will remain optomistic since we have the best record in baseball since like June first, but I just don't like the lack of experience....

You know, I have a little different perspective on the lack of experience issue. Guys like Boof, Garza, Guerrier, Neshek, Perkins, etc...I think these guys may just be too young and confident to really understand the magnitude of the playoffs.

I think back to a young Josh Beckett dominating the Yankees in the World Series a few years ago. He didn't have the most experience, but had that confident almost cocky sense about him and he wasn't phased by anything. I think some of our young guns have that same mentality.

They all have a lot to prove and what a better stage to do it on than in the playoffs. Being led by vets like Radke and Santana isn't going to hurt either, I'm sure they've learned a lot by just watching and talking with those two throughout the season.

There also isn't a book written about them yet. Now, other teams scouts will be all over the place the next few games and probably have been for some time. Either way, I like our chances better without Silva in there.

P.S. I'm gonna be at the game tonight to watch maybe Radke's last start as a Twin or at least in the dome. Should be a good one to be at.

I hope that Silva enjoys where he'll be pitching next year.

Rookie Les Straker started three playoff games in 87.

I think the Twins matchup good against Wang and The Moose. There's no room for error pitching to their lineup. If Santana gives up a couple early, it'll be tough to come back. Twins starters need to get through seven to shorten the bullpen and get to Nathan asap. With only one lefty (unless Perkins is on the roster), you could see everyone get a chance.

I'll take the under in the Wang vs Santana playoff matchup.

At least Silva admitted he's done nothing to help the team this year....and it sounds like he won't be starting in the Yankee series......

Montana has a point there... I recall that Angels rookie who domintated the world series a few years back....what's his name? Fransisco something, Rodriguez something, it's on the tip of my tounge...

I hope that is the case because it's my bet we'll being seeing our rookies in intense situations real soon..

Like I said before, I would rather see "Dazzle" come down from the broadcaster's booth and pitch than watch Silva throw away a game. I think the outfielders would have a better chance if they stood on top of the outfield walls when he pitches. Maybe every once in a while they would be able to snag one of those six shots he gives up a game.

Please Gardy- do not put him on the playoff roster. Way too inconsistent, and does not have both his oars in the water, if ya know what I mean..

Definitely gotta be out of the rotation. A couple of good games here and there, but as everyone else has said, no consistency (at least not to the good). Leave him on the bench or don't dress him at all. He pretty well dug his own grave this year by leaving his pitches up in the strikezone. I'd be surprised if the Twins brought him back next year.

I say put him in...He just got the Buzzsaw reverse jinx. Buzz rips him and he goes off on a tear. Just like Radke, Hunter, Silva the first time. grin.gif

OK...more realistically, they got to be wondering if they even want to give him a shot next year much less the playoffs.

PS...Come on Mitty, here is your chance for us all to agree with you. wink.gif

Quote:

I say put him in...He just got the Buzzsaw reverse jinx. Buzz rips him and he goes off on a tear. Just like Radke, Hunter, Silva the first time.

You could be onto something here.... wouldn't we all just be pi$$ed if they used him as a starter in the playoffs? shocked.gif

Quote:

You could be onto something here.... wouldn't we all just be pi$$ed if they used him as a starter in the playoffs?

Not if he wins but I think he will be middle releiver at best or even a high paid bench warmer.