• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Oct 21st/22nd deer hunt winner is

tjm

if you want to email them to me I could post them for you.

j _ orbeck at yahoo dotttt commmm

just get rid of the spaces and extra letters

Dont hold it to long westb ya might end up like the 1 Jesse wounded

I'll post pics when i get home from this hunting trip.Like Jesse said this bucks not big at all.Typical 8 point shoe boxer.About 1/10 of the size he hit in the neck the morning before

By the way Jesse.That buck still walks.Just got word about 8pm this evening the guys seen this buck 1 mile away in a picked corn field feeding.He looked healthy other then no white spot on the neck it was all dried up blood along with both front shoulders looked the same colorThey set 2 stands up about 9pm to try and take him out wed afternoon

I said I WOULDN'T be holding my breath. grin.gif Waiting for you to show some sort of proof, other than bigfoot quality photos, is like waiting for the second comming grin.gif BTW, I don't doubt Jesse shot a basket 8 but the stories you tell about all of the 160 to mid 200 class deer is a little hard to believe. Have a good one. Can't wait to see your videos. wink.gif

Well westb i'll tell ya this much.The last 3 guys i had out hunting drove by atleast 50% of deer standing out in the open anyone could see with out field glasses.When i have anyone but my normal hunting buddy with i always look out the passenger side window as much as i can. It does help to look out the side window more then out the front when your not driving.

I also put on 1,008 miles from the time Jesse showed up in my driveway and when he pulled away from my driveway.I went way outa my way to try and get this guy a nice buck

Jesse had 2 chances at 160" bucks 1 he hit and we lost.The other 1 is kinda my fault.I should of went in the area with him.This buck should of been down and out.Just lack of experience on what to do when dominant bucks do certain things to draw them in and what not to do when 1 is headed your way.

SOOOooooo you can think i'm full of BS or ya can do a few things to create luck.

By the way WESTB where abouts in the state you located at???I would like to get a better idea what part of the state your from so i know not to hunt that area because no big bucks seem to be around your area

I never said that I did or didn't see big bucks where I live. I certainly wouldn't be telling everyone anyway. The point that I was trying to make in my previous post was that you haven't provided the proof that you have promised. I think that it is very unselfish of you to give people a chance at the quaility of deer that you see. It sounds like you put alot of effort into your hunting. Hopefully it will pay off. Have a good one.

Hey TJM I was curious to know what mag your story was going to be in......I like reading your posts and am excited to read your article......I do not believe you have told us which magazine but if you did can you tell me again......Thanks and good luck!!

well atleast i feel better to know that he made it and not just lyin there dead wastin away. GET THAT BAD BOY! Any word on the monster yet? So which guy was the one to leave the tall or the short guy? Pretty hard to believe that he would just leave when you have such a great opportunity to get some huge bucks. In my mind he isn't a true bow hunter if he leaves because he hasn't seen mr.BIG the first couple days of the hunt. I would have been thrilled to stay longer than 4 days. Well Good luck and go get that Bloody boy for me!

I hate to keep stirring the pot but... if you scouted from your truck for 1008 miles at say an average of 40 mph (looking out the passenger side window mind you!) You spent about 25.2 hours in your truck that weekend! The last time I did that I ended up in central Saskatchewan....

WOW! smirk.gif tired?

well first of all we met and he picked me up and to get to where we were staying its about 80 miles. Then to get to where we were hunting its about 30 miles from there. And yeah we were scouting from the vehicle as we drove to our hunting location. Wednesday night scouted we put on about 50 miles or so looking around. we also drove to and from the hunting location 2x's a day. which is 120 miles a day for aprox. 4 1/2 days which is 540 miles right there. Also some mornings and evenings tjm put on some miles scouting while i was on stand so lets say he put 50 miles per day for morning and evening=200 miles. We also met some other guys that were hunting there this week that we drove around showing them the land so theres what another 20-30 miles. Then we have our ride back to my truck which is 80 miles. so all together we have

160 miles ride there ride to truck

50m first day scouting

540m 4 1/2 days back and forth

200m scouting while i was in stand

30m showing other hunters land

=980 aprox. miles of the top of my head

geez people get off his back and take his word for it. If him or i were lying i'm sure we'd make it a hell of a better story than this!!

Guys

Lets not start to make posts that do not have any real value to anyone here.

This forum is to gain info and help others and not for arguing back and forth.I will lock this thread if it goes in the wrong direction.

Thanks alot for helping me out. smile.gif

Jesse

He should be down and out by the end of the weekend.Got him pin pointed in the same section but on the other end working a waterway.He has a new scrape line as of yesterday.He has not opened any in the area you hit him at since that day.3 of my hunting buds are probly on the stands i put in place yesterday.They called at 4:15 am this morning so i'm thinking if he walks the path he has been he should be a goner this morning with a perfect EAST wind.

I'm headed out to watch the action from the road so i'll try and update late tonight after i get done with field work for that farmer

TJM,

I just want to thank you in a smarta$$ sort of way. You have taked me into buying a bow, I am really excited to get into bow hunting. The problem is I am in the middle of setting myself up for salmon fishing.... next was supposed to be a wheeler fish house. Bow was supposed to be a few years away yet mad.gif You have screwed up my master plan grin.gif

I hope your single grin.gif

I did manage to get another buck over the weekend.Well i should say he got me or they.Was about 200 yards from coming to a stop to drop off another hunter slowing down to about 30 mph and poof out came a 10 pointer.All i saw were 2 racks then it went dark and shiot from my front end hitting my windshield.

We turned around shined my 1 head light in the ditch 2 bucks down.1 buck about 110" the other about 130".Got the flash light out just in time to get the hell outa the way as the bigger buck came around and smashed into the passenger side door try'n to get outa the area.He bounced off the door making a new dent fell over got up and bolted across the picked corn.The other buck not so lucky

After calling it in i got the ok to gut the deer out then drive 20 miles to meet the officer for a transport tag.We just got done cutting up the deer.Right front shoulder was shot along with part of the back strap.He had several puntcure wounds guessing by the looks of them it was from the 130" antlers.Thinking when he flew through the air he hit the antlers hard off the other buck and knocked him silly for a minute or 2.Then he smashed into my door prety darn hard so this should go over well with the insurace company

Atleast the bigger 1 got away for a hunter to get a wack at him in the future

All i can say is man i hope i never hit 1 going 55 mph or faster

Geez, You are one heck of a hunter! You even end up with nice bucks when you aren't hunting!!!! Just kidding. Tough luck. At least you got slowed down, and ended up with some meat from the deal.