• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

AR-15 talk: what is considered a good accurate rifle.

Valv

Ok, I am on my way to buy a DPMS Panther AR-15 20" SS fluted bull barrel, flat top, Nikon 20x scope, etc., etc.

My MAIN reason is coyote hunting, but also the fun to have a gun like this.

Ok, what is considered a good rifle, and what's the difference between, Colt, Bushmaster, DPMS, Armalite, Rock River, Olympic Arms, etc. ?

I know ARs can get elaborated and prices will reach levels very few can afford, but I am asking about a reasonable compromise.

I can repeat what i have read on other sites: Olympic makes most of their own components and parts including their own barrels. Most of the other manufacturers get their parts from the same pool of companys. I would really suggest you take a look at an Olympic. There is a guy in Bemidji named Mike Milli, he is quite respected when it comes to custom AR's, does some amazing work, and has been selling and working with Olympic parts and barrel for something like 15 years. His on-line name is Dtech on some of the common ar-15 sites. Type his business in your favorite search engine, his companies is dedicated technologies.

Val, if I had the time, I would bring down my olympic K8, 20" stainless bull barrel, flat top with burris glass.... Track Mike down, he is as down to earth as they come and he really knows this AR platform. In fact, he will probably be at the gun show at the fair grounds next weekend, that's is where I got mine last year.....email me if you have other questions: [email protected]

In fact, I am heading out later this afternoon (sunday) to do some calling, I could swing by your place if you have access to land and coyotes..... smile.gif

Picks you were the person I was going to try to get a hold of.

I need you to come around here and play with some calling, last night I had them in my frontyard, they are getting thick, I don't have a lot of time but I will make some to get them thinned up.

Neighbor next to me (city dude) just bought 40 acres and is trying to set it up to have lots of pheasants...I think he's actually calling all the coyotes from 4 states here, we had pheasants last year, I haven't heard one in the last 2 months....

Call me at 612 756 0149 we'll get together.

Unbelievable land down there Val....good to see you again, post some pictures if your deal happens, I would like to see the difference in weight with a fluted vs. non fluted barrel. I left and forgot to leave my number with you. I will email you tomorrow from school with my contact information. Take care, see ya soon