• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

BENZ???

mrjigger

In one of the archery tip of the week, it was mentioned to use BENZ to keep the bugs off early season. It was also mentioned that deer are attracted to it. Am I reading correctly that BENZ is actually deep woods off bug repellent? Does this really work?

Yes it does

We used it tonight and last night.The small 6 pointer that came into my stand was down wind of me 300 yards.Nose in the air but he came right in 10 yards away sniffed my tree ladder stand licked it a few times and went on his path to the hay field

Just make sure not to get any on your bow handle/grip what ever some of you call it.It's very strong

We were just talking about this on the way home from are hunt.Were going to try to use it as a sent killer and see what happens for the rest of the season.So far no big boys have came in down wind of us when someone had it on to see what they think of it

thanks for the info TJM, from what I gather, BENZ is deep woods off bug repellent. IS THIS CORRECT?

Yes it is deep woods off

We proved this thur-fri-sat and today.I had atleast 15 deer come down wind of me and half of those deer licked my ladder stand while 3 other small bucks came right up to my corn ladder stand 1 row over.Looked at me up and down 1 took off the other 2 just went about there way walking off.Most of the deer that came in down wind walked on my trail to the stand sniffing the weeds/corn stalks

Everyone used it and all had same results.

1 guy left his backpak on the ground got blown out by several deer just before day break until he realized his pack was on the ground.He climbed down the tree stand and sprayed the backpak with benz.doe and 2 fawns came up to the backpak and 1 of the fawns actualy picked the pack up and chewd on the strap for a few seconds.When the fawn dropped the pak his extra tree steps made a ring tone and they were gone

My tree stands are 14'-15' my corn ladder stand my feet are no more then 4' off the ground.I did not use any other cover sent nor did i have on sentlok just rubber boots.I do use a sentlok facemask i guess only cause i chew figured it cant hurt to try and cover a lil bad smell up

During the afternoon on friday i dumped some on a rag.Maybe an 1/2OZ or so.I smelt the weeds then i smelt the rag.Smells about the same.To top it off i never had 1 vampire bite all 4 days

Not 1 deer blew me out.The 1 that took off picked my outline out i think.He had me pegged at 2 feet.He looked at me up and down 10 times then ran off.I even had a copenhagen dip in.Call it lucky or call it Benz.I know the stuff works you try it.It's awhole lot cheaper then any sent killer plus it keeps the bugs off ya works 100XXXXX better then anything else

Just remember not to get any on your bow.The stuff eats up plastic big time.The bottle is plastic but it has a silver linning of something other then plastic.1 of my bottles i just opened thursday has already started to melt around the cap

If your going to get any look for the spray bottle.I just picked up 5 bottles at the Owatonna Cabelas on wed.7 or 8 pumps is all that you need.I spray my facemask, back side of my hands then i put my gloves on,knee caps and boots once a day.I used the same 2 outfits all 4 days.1 set for trees the other for corn.Remember to take your clothes OFF before you get into your ride and put them in a bag.My truck smells like benz.I'm sure if you put them in a bag you wont need to spray down near as much either

I also sprayed all around the stands when we moved them this weekend.Any tree branches/corn tassels we cut went into a pile and sprayed them as well

Next weekend i'll spray some on 1 ladder stand and put a trail camera to see what the deer do whenn i'm not there.I'll bet atleast 1/2 the pics i get will be of deer licking the ladder and i'll post those in here.I'll tape the bottle on the ladder with the top off to see how long the bottle last before it gets pulled off

Sorry but,I still don't know what BENZ is.I have a 1 oz. pump spray bottle of Deep Woods Off in my hand as I write this and the ingriedients are,

N.N-diethyl-meta-tolumide:95%

Other isomers:5%.

Is BENZ maybe only in the spray can?

It's actualy spelt Ben's

Tick and insect repellent 98.11%deet 1.89%other

Comes in a 1.25 oz orange plastic bottle

Put some on a rag then go stand in some weeds along a fenceline or where ever.Make sure it's calm.Compare the smell.Twice as strong(oder)but it smells a lot like the weeds

I'm not sure if they do or not.Coast to coast stores used to sell it not sure if they still do.Just as easy for me to go to cabelas they normaly have anything i need

I think a few people must have picked some up from cabelas.They had a whole rack full the other day i picked up 5 more bottles this morning and the rack was getting low.

If your going to go to cabelas the owatonna store has a rack next to the deer stands

tjm, I am just wondering if you own Ben's insect repellant because you probably just raised your sales a bit. We were out duck hunting and everybody in the group was talking about your post grin.gif I will either see nothing or will be covered up becuase everyone else will be covered in Benz!!!