• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
stmichael

FORD VS. CHEVY

stmichael

I thought that I would see what you guys think about Ford and Chevy partnering up? I heard about it a couple of days ago.

Anybody else hear about this?

18 inch Crappie

Ya right..

Bobb-o

I didnt realize it was April 1st already?

rundrave

I would still buy a Toyota regardless

that should open the can of worms a little more

onemagnum

Yes, they have been talking.

tonyjor

I second the Toyota vote. Though I drive a GMC right now tongue.gif

BigWadeS

I have to throw in Nissian too,

jltimm

I'll third the Toyota vote, and let the big three argument commense!

SomethingFishy*

DEFINETLY NOT FORD! (I just don't like the way they look)

Maybe GMC, Nissan, Toyota, Chevy

Don't you buy no ugly truck.

Northlander

Looks like Chevy needs some help! wink.gif I doubt it will ever happen.

channelfats

DATSUN 4 EVER

tunrevir

I was in alaska awhile back and everyone seemed to run the Ford duelies, I saw a fair amount of GMC and Chevy trucks out west hunting out there. My thought on this is: WOULD THEY MAKE IT A GOURD? They are all comperable for the price, might make it a bit cheaper if they did partner and us Ford and GM guys could really ride the guys that own a Dodge then, right? Bottom line, use what works to tow your boat/sleds from point A to B. We can all brag about the truck we have if we have one, however, I built a hitch for an old Subaru hatchback when I was in college to tow a 12' boat up to the Gunflint. The car was not made for towing but as a fisherman, I needed to pull my 12' boat to the lake to fish. Short on money and a ride that could get the job done I put a hitch on the 4 cylander 4 speed and towed away. I had a couple of great trips with that little car(all memorable) but if it can get to the water and do the things you have in mind for it then it is all good in my book! The Subaru in question was a hatchback with 4 speeds on the floor and low and high 4- wheel drive I hunted with it, put bucks in the back and for ice fishing it was awsome. How often is it that a person can get a car/truck unstuck on lake ice by themselves? Course when I had to tow out a few friends with their pickups, from ditches, the lake accesses ect. They didn't make fun of my little car from then on. So is it the brand, or the size of the truck that makes it what it is? I have typically always bought GM once I could afford it. I looked at the Fords, Chevy's, Dodge's and the imports and found that the crew cab GMC fit my price range and the applications that I have for transportation. By the way, I ran that Subaru over 150,000 miles and pulled my boat the whole time I owned it. Bottom line, I still have the boat, I sold the car 10 years ago. If the manufacturers can get together and put something on the road that we all can benefit from I say do it! Yeah, I am loyal to a brand but if they build a better truck/car then why not? The overseas markets are cashing in right now and working hard to take a domestic share in the states. Might just be 2 heads are better then one. My 2 cents.

Tunrevir~

caseymcq

Quote:

DATSUN 4 EVER

I don't care who you are. That's funny right there.

tonyjor

Quote:

Quote:

DATSUN 4 EVER

I don't care who you are. That's funny right there.

Datsuns, lol! My Grandfather had a huge paper route for 20 some years and every year he would buy a new Volkswagen Beetle. Until they stopped making them here. Then he switched to the small datsun 4 dr. I forgot what it was called. His last one before he retired ended up being my older brothers first car, which, ironically, he used for a paper route wink.gif It was an overnight route for the Trib and I got to ride along and put the papers in the boxes one night when it was raining fiercely. We ended up in a ditch in about a foot and a half of mud. We walked to the nearest farm and had the owner pull us out with a tractor. I never got to go again because my Mom got freaked we went in the ditch. The car ended up becoming my cousin's and he used it in a couple stock/demo races before it was no more. I guess he liked racing because as far as I know he still does it. He races out of Brainerd, number 3 grin.gif Just my lttle Datsun story.

rappin jack

I"ll have to go with GM

The Grebe

Although I drive Fords and have for many a year, it's because I understand them and feel comfortable with them.

Chevy's, GMC's, Dodges, they are all good, they are all pretty much the same, a drive train, a body, etc. They all do the same things, one isn't head and shoulders above the others, no Yugo's among them!

It's like debating steak, it's all good! grin.gif

SCUMFROG

Cadillac all the way, for a truck. More power then a Denali.

Ford cars are still my first pick. I have 06 fusion love it, fast and handles like a slot car. Vvvvvvvarooooooooom…….

SomethingFishy*

Quote:

Cadillac all the way, for a truck. More power then a Denali.

Really? What is the motor in the almighty Cadillac?

From the respective websites:

2007 GMC Yukon Denali, Vortec 6.2L V-8

2007 Cadillac Escalade, Vortec 6.2L V-8

Denali XL and Escalade ESV utilize same motor.

The older Denali/Escalade use a Vortec 6.0L V-8

Escalade/Denali are the same vehicle with different body/interior accents. You just pay more for the "Cadillac" name.

The Yeti

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Chevy all the way!!

The Grebe

That's it Yeti, I've had it! I'm comming over to your house and I'm bringing my favorite hammer! Your gonna get it now!

What happenened to our fishing trip? Thought you were going to get some time off work.....or sumpin?

PERCHJR

Very funny one!!! Global Warming not Global Freezing!!! grin.gif

Perchjr

Daze Off

The only time people buy other manufacturer's trucks is when the dealer runs out of Chevy's.....

shocked.gif

Daze Off

blakjack23

Quote:

DEFINETLY NOT FORD! (I just don't like the way they look)

Maybe GMC, Nissan, Toyota, Chevy

Don't you buy no ugly truck.

Fords are ugly?????? You probably think Jessica Alba is a dog too tongue.gif

Macgyver55

SomethingFishy

After looking at both websites I found that a Denali with a 6.2 has 380 hp@ 5500 rpm and 417 ft lbs torque, while the Cadillac with a 6.2 has 403 hp @ 5,700 rpm / 417 lb-ft @ 4,300 rpm. More horsepower.....and the same torque at a lower rpm should equate to somewhat better performance due to a wider powerband. So, you really do get something more with the Caddy, although I'm pretty sure I wouldnt personally want to pay the difference.