• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jerry welcome aboard hope to see you hear more smirk.gif I hope you can fish if not there is a lot of info here Welcome to the site smile.gif.

Again hit Brighton for a few hours before work. No Lakers but I did get 2 really nice Rainbows. Unclipped so they went back. Both were in the 6-7# range and gave me one heck of a battle. On almost spooled me and the other gave a few great ariel shows! What a time of year to be shore casting. Remember Lakers are done at the end of the month. Get out and toss some metal on the shore you may be rewarded as I was.

Oh by the way all 4 fish the past 2 days came on a orange crock with silver prism tape and a gold back.

Thanks for the welcome... I had this board bookmarked from a long time ago and just recently started frequenting it to get info on the salmon runs. You've all been very helpful to me without realizing it. I just moved here from Michigan's U.P., have done some fishing on the Southeast MN trout streams, and now am hoping to take a trip up to the North Shore this weekend or next to try that out.

NL, heading up in the morning, want to get some end of the season laker fishing in tomorrow and Saturday. hope to be up by 9:00. As long as Ran is hunting the winds should not be an issue... laugh.gif. Any reports from people fishing from boats ? The lakers moving into spawn yet ? I will give you a shout when I get up if things look good. A trout boil sounds like the begining of a plan for tomorrow evening.

Viking are ya taking the boat or casting from shore? Me and BD110 will be on Brighton Beach and maybe the French about 8am. Ill call ya and let ya know what were are up to. Im at work late tonight.

1 Rainbow off of stoney this am. Another awesome battle. This one wasnt clipped and went back as have all but the Lakers I caught a few days ago. No Lakers lately only Loopers and Bows.

BD110 how did you guys do after I left?

Northlander, is there any distinct part of stoney that most people do their casting from? I have noticed it is quite a bit shallower on the south side. Is it usually best off the deeper north side closer to where the north end of stoney point rd intersects the scenic highway?

Northlander,

I would like to tell you that I hooked into a couple after you left but that was not the case. I called it quits after a couple snags and the loss of more line then I care for. Not to mention the loss of a couple nice Croks.

That's fishing shocked.gif

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

Shogun I toss spoons by the little parking areas where the big flat rocks have the big split in them. You cant miss it once you walk down from the pull offs.

BD110 I hear you and Loonasea made several donations to the Big Lake Gods. Oh well Russ at Marine General loves all those rocks on the North Shore. grin.gif While your down there replacing the ones you lost buy all the orange with silver prism tape you can find. That babies been hot the last 4 days.

Fished my way over to brighton beach this morning, caught one laker 9#, purple and black spoon down 115 feet. A nice way to end the season.

So Viking whens the trout boil? Loonasea and Wade did ok out of Knife today. Maybe they can toss in sone trout for the boil? We should have a little gathering down by your boat and cook up some fish etc. one night. Maybe next weekend?

Yep!!! I have a few trout in the freezer that can be boiled ,,,went 5 for 9 today ,,lost some lead ,,,will have to get a hold of Evantam and get some rigger balls before spring ,,,all in all not a bad way to end the laker season ,,watermelon was the secret lure today

Randoid

I'd say I lost some lead...8 lbs of it and a release too!

Anyway, it was a good day on the water. I can donate a couple nice size fillets....just say when/where.

Ya the shallow North Shore is no place to fall aslep on the depth finder. Those big rocks and reefs love them lead balls.

We need to get a crew together and poor some 1#. 1.5#, 2# and 8-12# balls. Anyone have molds that we can use? I can get some lead. We then need a melting pot. Who has one of those?

Maybe do this at a fish boil some place? Who is interested in such a monster?

I have a big propane burner we can use. Also some lead to add. Count me in.

My boat was lifted out today. I will be up next weekend to winterize the motors. I have a mold, Not sure if it is 8 or 10, but thinking 8. If you guys want to do a boil I am in. Let me know how many people are interested,

so I know how much fixins to bring for it.

I only lost a Pound but I have only been doing the pounder method ,,,poor Wade lost 8lbs (of lead) but that seems small with the pounds of fish we boated in return

Randoid

Loonasea

It was nice to see you and the wife at Gary's or should i say ripstick house those ribs where great and nice to see you all smile.gif It is nice to get together we should do it more. Well thanks gary for a great meal and friend ship and drinks I will be up for this soon there might be ice but i will be-there for the good times thanks for a great time smirk.gif..

Didnt anyone else take a look at the Regs and realize that the trout season didnt close til yesterday? Very few boats out on the water yesterday morning other than the charters, really nice sunrise on the lake and for awhile the lake was perfect. Marked alot of fish near the lester in 60' but couldnt get them to go, so headed out towards the charters who were out a couple miles off the pumphouse. Had 2 missed releases and then picked up a 11.9# laker in 145' of water on a watermelon flashback. Worked out to 160 and then the east winds started, trolled back towards the lester and it got too rough to stay so had to head in. Nice fish to end the season on, my biggest of the year.

Good to see ya at the landing Northlander and nice to meet ya Randy, good luck on Island today if you guys hit it.

Lake trout closes on Sept. 30th this is the truth most boats are out of the water but it is nice to try for salmon Just to be out on the lake when it in nice. well good fishing and hunting to all smirk.gifsmirk.gif.

Skippers Kid

Yea that was some good rib sticking food and great company,, some time in the future we need to get a few couples to go to Mexico Lindo in Cloquet (but dont try to swim in the margaritas ) ask Northlander about that

Thanks Gary and Ruth

Randoid

Ok well trout are off the books but going bass fishing right now on chub lake herd they are going must see for my self.

The rain should help shocked.gif. Well we will see how many are going to come in are there any left? shocked.gif.

Stopped and casted some spoons at a few spots on my way home from the Gunflint Trail. By the way it was colorful up there and the leaves are falling quick up there. I managed to get 1 nice Rainbow for my efforts, tossed back of course, but the rain got too be too much and I hit the Lester and Brighton Beach but nothing. Anyone else catching so many Rainbows lately? Seems like way more than usual.

good to hear steve, sounds like you're catching more steelies than everyone fishing the brule put together tongue.gif. I might throw some lead around on thursday before work.