• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

We must need more Pine Martins

This time of year, all the babies are grown up and they move to find warm places for winter. So it seems like there is alot

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Shhh we need more martins to eat the mice so we can trap more martins.

Sorta off the subject. I went solo to Lake Sag (2 brother in laws cancelled on me last minute due to a work project) in Sept of 1995.

I had a good time and fishing was excellent, except that the darn mice chewed their way into my tent, and kept running accross my face at night. Geez, I still get the shivers thinking about the rodent droppings I probably ate while I slept....

I woke up once and tried to find the bugger, and saw dozens of them. Thanks for the reminder.....

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

evntam, wow. I would have shook out the sleeping bag and slept in the boat.

ST:

It was raining too - seriously. I got up, lit the coleman lantern, and read a book under a tarp. The buggers kept running over my feet as I sat there reading. I broke camp in the AM.

From what I've heard is with the lack of rain this year most of the mouse and rat broods survived. In a normal year a lot of babys mice and rats are killed when their nest and burrows are flooded from the rain. It's a nasty cycle more babys survive and produce more babys. And mice and rats have multipule broods every year and reach sexual maturity very young.

Evntam, all I can say is yuck. ooo.gif