• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

CATS!

SCUMFROG

How can I get cat pee out of my basement cement? I'm going to lay carpet down over the spot but I don't want to cat peeing there after I put it down.

Bleach works well, but cat urine is very tough to get out. You may have to go with some kind of sealer.

Once a cat starts going in a spot, it can be VERY difficult to get them to stop.

any pet shop should have something that gets the urine smell/stain lifted. I cannot remember the name of the stuff, real good reviews though. I realize this helps a tremendous amount confused.gif. at least you can go somewhere to find it petco or equivalent.

Start by dampening the area with a spray bottle and cover with a liberal amount of litter. Hopefully, this will absorb the worst of it. Follow with baking soda for a couple days. Clean that up and follow with bleach or cleaning product. Check with a major pet store, they likely have several products to help.

Kilz floor sealer paint. There are also enzyme eating products out there at pet stores, but thay are mostly for carpet and such. I would clean the area as best as possible, maybe even put down some activated charcoal for an extended amount of time to absorb the odor, and then seal it with a few layers of Kilz. Good luck, cat piss is the worst.

Quote:

Bleach works well for the spots.

.22 works well for the cat.

Are you sure you don't have a cabin on Lake Iwanttobethere? you would make a great Lodge member! smirk.gif

KILZ paint. First wash with bleach. Then rinse with hot water. Then paint the floor with KILZ paint. It works awesome. Buy the latex for easy clean up of brushes or rollers. No paint smell either.