• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Elk tags

child23

Does any one know who got the tags for by grygla. I am from that area and was just curious how it went. If anyone has any information bout it it would be appreciated.

Gissert has first hand details.

Both bull tags were filled last week. Nice bulls too.

What a rush thats got to be.

I was contacted by one of the tag winners prior to the season, and shared with him what I knew. He and his partner shot a great looking 6 x 6 opening morning. Right after they got their bull, a massive 6 x 7 came into them, stopping at 20 yards and bugled. Great stuff!

The other tag holder also connected opening morning.

What a difference a year makes. Last year, the elk were rutting 2-3 miles farther east, outside the hunt zone.

Congratulations to these guys, and to the DNR and RMEF for working to keep this herd going and growing. Better yet, there is a MUCH larger herd cooking up in Roseau and Kittson counties that trades back and forth into Canada. With all the habitat work that has been done, they are really starting to hang on the Minnesota side.

Good luck to those holding the cow tags as well.

Wow, congrats to those guys.

It is a wonderful thing to have elk in MN and the opportunity to get to hunt them. Kudos to those involved in making it happen.

I am in the landowner section so i think i might apply next year. I have been thinking about it the last couple of years. I also have friends that keep track of the elk most of the year so I have a decent idea of were they are. I also get to see them once in a while throughout the year.