• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Capt.Blaine

Burntside report or water remp?

Capt.Blaine

Does anyone have a report on Burntside or a water temp?

Thanks

Steve Foss

I'll leave that for Great Outdoors. He's on Bside a lot, and taking water temps as he goes. I haven't been there for weeks. frown.gif

yukon

Hi, I am new to the board. Will be on Burntside tomorrow. Will let you know water temp and how I do.

Steve Foss

Thanks Yukon. Good to see you here, and welcome. grin.gif

Capt.Blaine

Thanks Yukon, and welcome aboard.

yukon

Just got back from burntside this morning. surface temp this morning 58 degrees. One hit but my wife lost it about half way to the boat. trolling riggers and spoons. hooked fish in about 61 ft of water 51 ft down.

Steve Foss

Thanks for the report. With surface temps like that, looks like the next couple weeks before laker season ends will mean the fish will come all the way up through the water column to smack a bait.

Capt.Blaine

Thanks for the information Yukon! next time she will get it in the boat smile.gif

Great Outdoors

I was on the lake Thursday, the 21st and the surface was surprisingly 62-63 degrees, just about everywhere I went. At 18-22 feet it was 60 degrees. Didn't see any indication of turning over yet, but should begin soon.

burntbum

Greetings Yukon...I myself am new to the post and have found it tremendously helpful and with great people...I was out on Wednesday and Thursday looking for Lakers on Burntside...Had a lot of hits on big spoons but none on the little ones enjoyed it though...

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• AlwaysFishing23
      Awesome I like the idea of coustom rods to but the price of them are really insane to me. Almost pulled the trigger last year on a TUCR but $120 seemed crazy to spend on just an ice rod The couple reviews on line Are good. I may cheak it out in stores and if it seems decent I make give it a whirl 
    • monstermoose78
      I use a snitch and it works well. I want to upgrade to a custom rod, but have save a few bucks yet.
    • monstermoose78
      I am picky too no little bucks, in camp but I will harvest a doe or fawn and let little bucks walk.
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Any of you have or have used the one 3 snitch rod? I have a CGI in-line I have on a  Shakespeare noodle rod but don’t like it so that reel will get put on a new rod. I bought a tickle stick last year and paired it with a Decent and really enjoyed it. Looks like the snitch rod is $30-$40. So a little cheaper than the tickle stick Also looking at the beaver dam glass noodle if the snitch isn’t the best. 
    • DRAGFOOT
      COLD! And too windy for the lake. We had limited success on the river...as usual. If the weather allows, I would head to the lake and not look back. My personal opinion is that the fall river fishing is way over rated. Maybe at times its gets hot, but never when I am there. Hundreds of boats out there packed into the usual places all doing the same thing we were.....freezing our butts off!  Also, not a whole lot of shiners this year yet.
    • Wanderer
      I’m torn on the bonus deer tag.  Still don’t know if I’ll have one in my pocket for the hunt.  With the few memories I have of the glory days, yes, it would be nice to high numbers of deer again.  But really, weren’t there getting to be too many?   The peak population and two deer limit days collided with the two consecutive bad winters that seemed to trash the population of the whole county.  It’s back on the upswing though.  Hard for me to say what damage us bow hunters in Ripley can do by harvesting a few more does and fawns than wouldn’t otherwise be taken with a one deer limit.   I haven’t harvested a camp deer yet either.  Being picky when the numbers were high and then hunting the low numbers haven’t led to success.  But I’m hooked on it anyway.
    • eyeguy 54
      went north a ways and 3 smaller fish all rowing to get bigger. 
    • bbfenatic
      I agree...recruiting young people is the key but keep in mind these millennials tend to be more on the "no limit"  catch and release only side of the argument and you couple that with the fact that our DNR is recruiting these same millennials to work for them....so it makes it harder to sway both sides of the same fence.  IMO they should cut all limits of all species in half state-wide immediately, including all boundary lakes/rivers like LOW and see what the fish population looks like in 10 yrs...this includes keeping any local slot limits in place plus opening Mille Lacs back up to a reasonable keep. Half a limit is plenty to keep for those of us who enjoy a fish fry now and then IMO.
    • Rick
      Dates have been set for recreational netting for whitefish and tullibee (cisco) on Shagawa, Bear Island and Ojibway lakes in the Tower fisheries work area, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. These lakes are Schedule I Lakes, which are more susceptible to sudden changes that impact water temperatures, and are opened and closed on a 48-hour notice posted at lake accesses, other public places, and the DNR website. Schedule I Lakes (48 hour notice) Shagawa, open to netting Thursday, Nov. 1  through Sunday, Nov. 25, 2018  (minimum 3.5 inch mesh size). Bear Island & Ojibway lakes, open to netting Saturday, Nov. 17 through Sunday, Dec. 16, 2018 (minimum 1.75 inch mesh size). Shagawa Lake is designated as infested with spiny waterflea so netters are encouraged to review rules that help prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species. About 700 people obtain special permits to net for whitefish-tullibee each year. Fishing regulations require that netters purchase both a whitefish netting license and angling license. The DNR bases netting schedules on expected water temperatures, fish abundance and vulnerability of game fish. As the water temperature cools, game fish head to deeper water and whitefish-tullibee come to shallow water for fall spawning.  Netting is allowed when there is little chance that game fish populations would be negatively impacted by recreational netting in shallow water. Find information about sport netting by lake, minimum mesh sizes, and fishing regulations at http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/regulations/fishing/whitefish-tullibee.pdf or contact the DNR’s Tower area office at 650 Highway 169, Tower, MN 55790, or call 218-300-7802. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the main basin... Many strong reports from the lake.  Mixed schools of fish from 14-28' along south shore from Lighthouse Gap to Rocky Point.  Most anchored up and jigging with frozen shiners.  Gold or gold mixed with other colors working well.   The key is finding the fish.  Once found, fish tend to cooperate nicely.     On the Rainy River... Strong walleye activity continues.  Jig and frozen shiners continue to be the go-to method with some anglers also trolling crankbaits.  Gold, orange and yellow for jigs.  As waves of walleyes move through, reports change daily up and down river.  Be mobile, move around if a spot isn't producing.  A lot of good reports in 8-14'.  Some big walleyes caught over the weekend. Sturgeon continue to have the feed bag on.  The sturgeon catch and release season goes through April 23, 2019.       Up at the NW Angle... Fishing continues to be really really good.  Limits of walleyes being caught in 14 - 25'.  Jigging still producing.  Look for areas of current in neck down areas and outside of bays.  Fall crappie bite in on.  Muskie trollers still boating and releasing good numbers of fish.  The best fall fishing is yet to come, but only for the hearty!  Dress warm and hang on.