• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any Highschool Players/Fans around?

riverrat56

sdstate, what number is your bro? I'm sure I squared off with him during our game, I was still playing both ways during that game, now I only play offence because I broke my shoulder socket and tore a ligament, and I seem to agravate it to much on D. I also played Tackle both ways, gotta love working the trenches.

I'd love to meet Wabasso again in the Dome, too bad Springfeild didn't pull it out, it would have been great to have three teams from our confrence in the semi's.

I'm sure if Wabasso wins and we win it will be a battle in the Dome, we're both completly differnt teams than when we first met, our heads were a little too big after beating Springfeild the week before and now Wabasso has found its stride and is putting up lots of points.

My bro is number 55. He doesnt play as much defense as offense but lately they have been running a 6-2 on defense to stop the runs. They plan on running that against Rushford again so hopefully it works. My bro has been to the dome 3 times in his high school career. He was a freshmen when i was a senior and we went to the dome and last year they went to the dome. So this will be his third time. Hopefully they break the curse. GOOD LUCK

Good luck to your brother tomorrow, we pulled it off today winning 14-7 over Fertile-Beltrami, hopefully they can win as well and then finally the Souther MN confrence can get some respect with a team winning it all 2 years in a row and rematch of a week 4 game in the finals. I wouldn't get any better than that.

BTW you don't play football at SDSU do you? I went to a camp out there two years in a row, very very good time.

Unfortunately Wabasso's run is over. We were definately overmatched. We were not a huge team and they had some absolute bruits. We ended up losing 22-6. There was definately some controvercial calls and we lost a few good guys to injury early in the game. Our quarterback played the game but they found out he broke his wrist. They are a very good running team but if you can get them into a throwing situation you will be golden. Good luck to NUC and beat for us. ps I do not play football out at SDSU but they are having a decent season. After losing there first three games i think they have won every one straight. Where do u plan on going to college? Good Luck!!!

Speaking of Bruts!! It's my Lakeville South team vs perennial favorite Eden Prairie. It's always nice when the best two teams in the state get to face each other in the final game. Here's the story...

With 22 returning starters and a third-year starting quarterback, Lakeville South wasn't going to panic in Friday's Class 5A semifinal game at the Metrodome.

The experience would pay off as the undefeated Cougars (13-0) survived a scare from Rosemount (10-3) to win 17-14, advancing to next week's Prep Bowl.

Down 14-10 in the fourth quarter, Lakeville South quarterback Marcus Brumm maneuvered in the pocket long enough to find a wide-open Kevin Lundeen on a 4-yard touchdown pass to score the game-winner with 10:14 left in the game.

From there, the Cougar defense would tighten up. The Irish would have three more possessions, but Lakeville South's defense wouldn't allow Rosemount to cross the 50-yard line again. Rosemount's final threat would end on an interception by the Cougars' Joe Everson.

Brumm went 13-for-26 passing for 135 yards and the one touchdown.

With the victory, Lakeville South will finally get to play Lake Conference foe Eden Prairie. The two teams shared the Lake Conference title this season, but did not meet during the regular season. The also-unbeaten Eagles (13-0) defeated St. Cloud Tech 49-7 on Thursday in the first 5A semifinal.

Buzzsaw, enjoy it for another week because LVS will get beat by multiple TD's. I personally can't stand EP, but there are by far the best and will win.

I don't doubt that EP will win, but I'd say LVS would beat anybody else hands down in the state. I also don't think multiple TD's is accurate as LVS has a great defense.

It hurts to watch eden prairie win against St cloud tech. For tech is the team who beat us by a last second field goal in the second round. We should have beat tech. If we did we would have been the ones playing in the dome. So close, eh? Theres always next year.

I forgot to ask who Muskylovers team was, he seemed pretty knowledgable... just curious who he followed all year.

Hey looks like my Luverne Cardinals face a real wrecking machine in the prepbowl against this Triton squad, but they may just be a team of destiny this year... What a run they are on.

GO CARDS!

The 5a championship game is gonna be a great one. Im still in awe that Lakeville South came back in the 2nd half to beat Cretin. I think though that Eden Prarie is gonna win it.

Quote:

Buzzsaw, enjoy it for another week because LVS will get beat by multiple TD's. I personally can't stand EP, but there are by far the best and will win.

I guess your not exactly a great football mind eh?! It was a 7 point game and really could have gone either way... smirk.gif

Ya, they started off slow, but pulled it out. I saw that GSL 2000 team was ranked #4 all time in the state!! They were Amazing

we have started out slow in most of our games, it just takes a while for us to get goin. we always have good second halfs because we are a platoon team, no one goes both ways, 11 start on offense-11 start on defense, so were fresh when everyone else is tired. I think the 2000 team should have been ranked higher.

I'll admit that Lakeville played better than I thought they would, but they still lost and I still know more about football than you ever will.

Quote:

I'll admit that Lakeville played better than I thought they would, but they still lost and I still know more about football than you ever will.

Okay, I'm done laughing now and can respond.

Yeah, it shows! I have no doubt that you are the greatest football mind since Lombardi and Halas! Heck, you basically just told us as much. I'd give you a tip, maybe try to tone down the braggidoccia attitude and just be normal, it's more socially acceptable. smirk.gif

Hey River no shame in losing too Rushford. I follow SE MN HS football pretty closely and they are a traditional powerhouse. They have one heck of a program down there. Did you match up against their big guy at all? Ulrich? I heard tonight most of the big 10 is after him.

In an earlier post someone mentioned that such and such a school was lucky to not be in 3A because that class was loaded. I think some bigger schools better be thankful that Triton was 2A because they were the real powerhouse. That is one heck of a HS football team.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya james, I did match up against Ulrich for about half the game on when we were on offence and a little when I was on D.

He was not the dominating player he is hyped up to be, good yes, the best I had faced all year, no not a chance, maybe the 3rd best D lineman I faced.

I think he gets alot of attention because of his coaching staff hyping him up and his size, at 6'8" 280 he should have dominated our offensive line with me being the heaviest guy at 225 and packed into a 5'8" package. Everyone else was 200 or under.

All in all it was a great season, every team in the tournament had a reason to be there this year, Triton was the best team in the state, no doubt about it I would take them over anyone. Luverne was not a push over team at all and they were completly dominated.