• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bears vs. Vikings

lots of luck

When was the last time these two teams met with undefeated records and having some actual promise for a good season?

On my way back home to MN form a Purdue football game this weekend, I listened to about 10 hours of football on the radio, I caught a statistic about how this was only the second time in 15 years the Bears had started the season 2-0 (how sad is that!?!).

Things are looking up, I think I might like the Lovie Smith and Brad Childress Eras of football. Long gone are the days of Jauron and Tice.

As a MN transplant 5 years ago I usually cheer on the Vikes, but my childhood team of Da Bears will be the team of choice this weekend, sorry.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buzzsaw

• Down to Earth

• Eric Wettschreck

• Spinner1

Should be a very good game this weekend. Da-Bears look like they are for real this year. The Purple defense will need to play a flawless game to pull out a win. The offensive line will need a better performance this week, or Brad may be leaving the game early in multiple pieces. It's only week three, but this game could become very important late in the season when the division race is on the line.

Week 3 prediction

Vikings: 23

Bear: 13

grin.gif

If Rex Grossman makes it to the 3 quarter

Viks 10

Bears 6

If he is out before then

Viks 10

Bears 3

2 pretty good defense's going against each other here so I do not see a high scoring game.

Hopefully the purple will adjust when needed unlike this past Sunday when Peppers was all over the place and the line didn't seem to make any changes.

Quote:

2 pretty good defense's going against each other here so I do not see a high scoring game.

Hopefully the purple will adjust when needed unlike this past Sunday when Peppers was all over the place and the line didn't seem to make any changes.

One outstanding "D" (DA BEARS) One decent "D" (THE VIKINGS)

Let's get that correct first. Bring your "A" game Vikings, you'll need it Sunday.

Quote:

If Rex Grossman makes it to the 3 quarter

Viks 10

Bears 6

If he is out before then

Viks 10

Bears 3

You should be more worried about Grandpa statue you guys have playing QB for you the Rex making it out of the 3rd quarter. It will be a good game but we owe you from last year when we pulled our starters early and you ran up the yards & score on us. We haven't forgotten that and you'll see the real "D" this Sunday. Da Bears 21- Vikes 10

Vikings "D" is due for a few interceptions, and I think they're going to come against the Bears. Sharper and the squad will bring their "A" game.

Brad will throw a TD and CT is going to break through again for a TD, but it's going to be a pitch-out.

My prediction is that we're going to see a double-digit score by both teams... with the Vikes winning by a TD smile.gif

I'm a Vikes fan but I don't think they can take down the Bears. The Vikings could easily be 0-2 right now. Hopefully they can pull it off. They just haven't impressed me in the first two games.

Bears 17 Vikes 9

At home with the crowd noise and our strong 'D' it's going to be tough for Rex and company. It will be an ugly game like the last two weeks. We'll edge out Da Bears by a field goal and Longwell will be our MVP. Prediction: Vikings 23, Bears 20

I understand Rex is about to tie a personal best of 3 consecutive starts without a call to 911 for a ambulance ride but lets not start talking like he is some kind of iron man. Bye the way, Grandpa Johnson has not even been listed on a injury report since 2003, which would include about 37 games he played in.

DA Bears! 23 to 10 over DA Queens!

I think the Bears defense is going to get a whole lotta their ugly all over Grandpa Johnson! Prediction...4 sacks and a knock out. But can Rex "go the distance"? If you build it, they will come.

BEAR DOWN...CHICAGO BEARS! Windy

My view of the game is:

Who has Chicago really played up to now,neither team has been a Division contender and who has the Vikings played, the skins at home on Fed-ex field and against Gibbs and Carolina who has been a pre-season pick to take it all the way.

Two great front lines in the Vikings left side of there offense and Chicago's front on defense. If Childress and Johnson can control the running game it will be another Viking win.

Will be a close and hard fought game to the end.

Vikings by the 4 and under.

Farmer

You forgot to include the part where both Washington and Carolina were playing with their top offensive players either out or playing at considerably less than full strength as was the case with Smith and Portis. Carolina's offensive line is in shambles and the Redskins will prove to be a dissapointment this year. Chicago will complete the separation between them and the rest of the NFC North this weekend.

Either way, I'll be there with about four Bloody Mary's in my bloodstream to hopefully enjoy it. My prediction is 16-13 PURPLE!

good points, another one is the Vikes opponents are a combined 0-4 so the Vikes havent proved anything to me yet. This weekend will be the true test..

I dont know. Chicago is a pretty tough team this year. The Vikes D can definetly handle the bears offense. I think if Childress keeps giving Chester the Molester 25 carries per game, the Vikes can win.

Hopefully they have been working on audibles this week. Last week at the game I dont know how many times I saw #36 sneaking in to blitz, leaving Williamson single covered. Why not change the play at the line and go for the deep ball when they show the safety's blitzing? all it would take is a tap on the hip or something to let Williamson know to run a fly. Red can mean pass so the line pass blocks.

Either way keep stuffing the ball down their throats with Taylor and the occasional pass to Wiggins just because he's funny to watch run.

With the way our o-line blocked last week, it may be difficult to beat the Bears. Very poor blocking schemes last week...not doubling Peppers? You kidding me? And one play they had the running back try and block him. What's up with that?

Gotta improve the pass protection. If they can do that, I believe the Vikes will win. And, I think with Childress at the helm, they will make changes and improvements.

VIKES! 13-10.

Okay, first off the Bears front four is NOT as good as the Panthers! The Bears LB's are better than the Panthers and the Bears secondary is better than the Panthers IMO. I just don't see the Bears getting as much pressure on Johnson as the Panthers did and we beat the Panthers... and the Panthers offense is better than the Bears and we shut them down (albeit w/o Steve Smith). I look for the typical Grossman play... forcing something and turning the ball over or getting sacked and having it finish off his year... again! The Vikes are still the underdog and will continue to be until they can prove to the dopes in Vegas that they are a force to be reckoned with... which remains to be seen. I'm not saying were all that just yet, but admit the fact that we are playing very good defense and our offense seems to be able to move the ball well enough, and especially well when the game is on the line and the clock is ticking down. ie... The end of the Redskins game and on the OT drive against Carolina. Our injuries going into the game against the Bears this weekend makes me a little nervous. (Williamson & Robinson)

Quote:

DA...

Vikings 9

Bears 6

Ditka 170

lmao, thats great. Reminds me of when I was a young kid and SNL was funny.

Anyway 17-10 Vikings win.

Being an already-out-of-the-race GB fan, I don't know what to do. With Daunte it was easy-root against him. But with him gone, I might just have to root for the Vikes --- I would really like to see what Windy has to say if the Bears lose. But the Bears offense looks pretty unshakable so far and the Vikes will need to put alot of pressure on the ol' FLA boy Rex.

Gene, whatcha talking bout? If the Bears lose Windy won't say anything. Well, unless the Sux win and the Twins lose. grin.gif

Bears have played two cupcakes that have no chance of making the playoffs. Vikings have played a playoff team and a predicted superbowl team. Vikings will probably split with the Bears this year but the Bears will not win at the dome Vikings 24 the Bears 10.