• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ash Lake

Hi All- will be fishing this lake/area next late July w/ the family-booked a cabin on Ash( just north of Orr) for a week. Anyone have any info/tips for us-we have three little ones also and want them to get into some panfish,etc. Also, any other area lakes close by worth checking out? No-ones "spot on a spot"-just a little guidance/tips would be greatly appreciated by us and the kids! Thanks, 8-Ball.

NEVER FISHED ASH, BUT WE TALKED TO GUYS WITH 45K BASS BOATS HEADED UP THERE WHEN WE WERE ON THE WAY TO CATCH A TON OF CRAPPIES AND WALLEYES ON THE SMALL LAKE THAT WE VISIT. I WOULD THINK THAT WOULD INDICATE SMALLIES ARE REASONABLY ABUNDANT ON ASH.

PELICAN ON THE OTHER HAND USUALLY IS GOOD FOR LARGE NUMBERS OF SMALL PIKE, NICE LARGE AND SMALL MOUTHS, BLUE GILLS AND CRAPPIES AND NOT TOO FAR FROM ASH. JUST LOOK FOR THE BIG ROCKS AND SHALLOW WEEDY BAYS FOR THOSE FISH ON PELICAN.

IF YOU GET BORED OR DONT CATCH MUCH, GIVE ELEPHANT A SHOT FOR CRAPPIES. THEY SHOULD BE GOING WELL THIS TIME OF YEAR AND THAT IS A SMALL LAKE. ALSO A GREAT POPULATION OF WALLEYES IN ELEPHANT. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT ELEPHANT, POST YOUR EMAIL AND I WILL SEND YOU A MARKED UP MAP IN PDF FORMAT. SINCE YOU MENTIONED LITTLE ONES I WOULD BE MORE THAN WILLING TO TRY AND GET YOU ON A SPOT. I HAVE LITTLE ONES AND IT IS PAINFUL TO SIT FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS WITH THEM IN THE BOAT WHEN THEY ARE NOT CATCHING ANYTHING.

GOOD LUCK UP THERE. PLEASE POST HOW YOU DO.

SF- Thanks for info. We are not going up there until late July '07. I will contact you for updated map around that time. Can't wait..

I would appreciate a report when you return from your tirp. I've driven by Ash for 25 years on the way north and never have stopped there to fish. I always see boats parked on the point located in just about the middle of the lake.

Deep- 10-4, I will. But it will be awhile as we are not going until '07 late July. Anyone else have any info for me on Ash??

I've waited 25 years so another one doesn't matter to me. Check the archives under the Kabetogama index. I recall several past threads on Ash Lake.