• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MarCum NEW Intro Special on VX1

CNY Tim

More bang for your buck! They have a $50.00 consumer rebate on the VX-1 from November 15th through December 31st. This will cover the bulk of the ice fishing season. Therefore the cost of a VX-1 three color sonar unit will net to the consumer at $199.99. It will be a rebate coupon in the box. The features on the VX-1 are: 600 watts of peak to peak power, bottom zoom (bottom 5 feet), six levels of interference rejection, target separation of 2.65 inches in the 20 and 40 ft scale, battery, charger, electronics shuttle w/ adjustable transducer arm, and transducer. The unit comes with a one year manufacturers warranty. This is a smokin hot deal! The release date is November 1st for the VX-1 three color sonar system.

All these features are well worth the $250 regular price alone but for $199 during the rebate period that's just sick. Way to go MarCum!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Here is more info and carefully note the features as it compares to the Vexilar Fl-18:

VX-1 Three-Color Sonar Ice System

10450_l.jpg

• 600 Watts of Peak-to-Peak Power
  • Adjustable Multi-level Interference Rejection
  • 2.5” Target Seperation
  • Super Bright Display
  • Bottom Zoom (5’ in 20 and 40 foot scale, 10’ in 80 foot scale, 20’ in 160 foot scale)

A basic overview of the VX-1… This unit comes complete with battery, charger, electronics shuttle with adjustable transducer arm, self-aligning transducer, gimbal bracket, and VX-1 sonar powerhead. The Marcum VX-1 offers their patented interference rejection, a bottom zoom feature that automatically locks on bottom: 5' in 20- and 40-ft scale, 10' in 80-ft scale, and 20' in 160-ft scale, and expertly engineered receiver design. With its 600 watts of peak-to-peak power and complete package of features and accessories.

With respect to quality and features this unit looks comparable to the Vexilar Fl-18 while the price does not.

Last ice season I tested a Gander Mtn Guide Series/Marcum GS-X 3-Color Flasher, and I would say it is a very solid unit.

I found it user friendly and the 600 watt configuration made for an efficent unit.

At $199.99, it is a very good deal.

Quote:

More bang for your buck! They have a $50.00 consumer rebate on the VX-1 from November 15th through December 31st. This will cover the bulk of the ice fishing season. Therefore the cost of a VX-1 three color sonar unit will net to the consumer at $199.99. It will be a rebate coupon in the box. The features on the VX-1 are: 600 watts of peak to peak power, bottom zoom (bottom 5 feet), six levels of interference rejection, target separation of 2.65 inches in the 20 and 40 ft scale, battery, charger, electronics shuttle w/ adjustable transducer arm, and transducer. The unit comes with a one year manufacturers warranty. This is a smokin hot deal! The release date is November 1st for the VX-1 three color sonar system.

All these features are well worth the $250 regular price alone but for $199 during the rebate period that's just sick. Way to go MarCum!

Will the Big Box store that sells the VXR also honor or make available the rebate?

And is the VXR and VX1 the same unit?

With the VX-1 you can expand the zoom in the 80' setting to 10' and in the 160' setting to 20'. I believe that the VXR and GSX are 5' only regardless where the depth setting is...

The release date is November 1st. If you call MarCum you can probably get a good guage on when and where they will be at your local stores. It's a sweet deal and with the rebate it's even better!

Contact MarCum customer service or email them at the MarCum website and get a RA# and I believe it is still $49 for the upgrade. Box it up and ship it out and you'll have it back quick.

18"- take Tim's advise and I'd like to hear what the Marcum CS says. Priceless grin.gif

Yes CHAFFMJ you can send in for the lx-3 TC upgrade I sent mine in last week wed expecting it back in next day or so price was still $49 just go to marcum website e-mail their cust service and they will send you instructions on how to send it in. Cant wait to get mine back.

I agree w/ TNFL. I love my upgraded Marcum also....am thinking about grabbing one for my wife as well.

My son has a vexilar.

My wife gets the clearwater classic.

I'm snapping one of these up as soon as they are in the stores!