• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Kidd

Moving the Hall of Fame

Kidd

What do you guy's think about moving the Hall of Fame to the "X"?

Personally, I think it should be moved as of now, no one visits it. You could charge an Adult $1.00, H.S. age $0.50 and children under 12 free and you would still make money.

IFallsRon

The Rangers will spend every loose taconite fund nickle they have to save the hall of fame. It can't afford to run the lights on its own.

Kidd

I guess that's kind of my point. It's a great thing to have but if no one visits, what's the sense? If it were located at the "X" it would be seen by thousands each year.

Where I agree that hockey in Minnesota has it's root's on the Range, the Hall of Fame should be more accessable.

I guess I should state why I bring this up. I read in the paper that there is some discussion about moving it. I think Duluth and the Excell Center were both mentioned. In addition, there are some other states also expressing interest in housing it. Just curious as to all you folks feel about it.

Hockey Guy

I would like to see it stay in Minnesota for sure. There is absolutely no doubt that it will receive the most visitors if it is in St. Paul either by the Excel Center or in it. I sure feel for those people in Eveleth that have helped it grow into what it is today.

setterguy

I've heard rumors of moving it to the mall of america. If a freakin butterfly store can survive there, the HHOF should be able to make it. What does the MOA bring in each year? Something like 30 million people? That would make sense to me.

Ely Lake Expert

I would be alright with moving it if they keep it somewhere in Minnesota. I'll be honest, I drive by it twice a day and have been in it twice in my life. smirk.gifcrazy.gif

Bad Catcher

I agree that it must stay in MN. I have been there and it was nice when I was there 15 yrs ago. I saw the report in the Star Tribune and was amazed at what is happening. I feel for the city and people of Eveleth who put so much into it. Is it possible to keep most of the articles in Eveleth and give the people a taste of what is there with a little display at the X? Maybe that would spark some tourisim?