• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
taugust27

Best Muskie Line????

taugust27

what are you using I'm having some problems Power Pro, I 'm having a hard time casting my bucktails for distance.

RuKiddingMe

What pound test are you using?

The biggest problem with super braids is if you are using a lighter weight line and lures that pull hard, the thin line diameter tends to dig into itself around the spool thus creating your distance problems with casting.

I use PowerPro on all my lines, for me it retains the least amount of water (this is key late in the fall when it's cold) and it seems to be the most durable to me. I spool up with no less then 65 LB test but generally 80 LB cause I like the line diameter and do not experience the line digging into itself.

OR

the Power Pro just isn't for you and you could try TUF XP or the like, I know some of my buddies like the Stren Super Braid.

RU

markkstanley

Power Pro is my choice but I also use the heavy weight braid. Gorill braid is great if you can find it. I have no issues throwing bucktails with the 80lb test. I know a lot of guys who like TUF braid but I have never used it.

ctuma

I like the Tuf braided line, cast smooth but you do get alot of water when reeling the line in. Good line for the price.

taugust27

I'm using 30lb & 60lb maybe I should go for the 80lb?

RuKiddingMe

I would think the 65 PP would be just fine, did you get maximum tension on the line when you were spooling it to make sure it was tight? Could it be the casting back on the side of the reel? Some guys like to adjust it just right so they don't need their thumb. I personaly perfer it to be nice and loose and use my thumb. I feel I have better control. Then again I don't have to switch hands in mid cast.

RU

namtkd1

I use 50 lb. Cortland Spectron for burning bucktails and topwater baits. For tubes and jigging reaper tails I use monofilament line with my favorite being 20 lb. Sufix Siege.

Nam

buzzsaw

I use 65# Power pro and have been for a few years with no complaints whatsoever.

iFishMN.us

I dont know much about line and havent tried PP....but I have been using Fireline for a few years without too many problems, only one being fraying of the line, I just cut off 6-10ft of line every other time out. I dont hear alot of people suggesting this line, what do you all dislike about fireline?

TurnUpTheFishing

I use 65lb. power pro, too.

What pound test fireline are you using for muskies? I dont think regular fireline goes over 30lb. and thats a little light for muskie fishing. Also regular braids like spiderwire and power pro are round and casts better than fireline that is more flat.

I do use fireline but mainly on my dock skipping rods and one of my walleye rods.

iFishMN.us

I dont do much muskie fishing, mostly bass and pike, and I use 20lb fireline. I do fish muskies occationally but I use the same line. So yea I guess I see your point I didnt realize it only went up to 30lbs, I thought it went higher than that? But anyways I like the line, maybe not the best choice for ski's, but it works. I may have to try power pro sometimes as much as I hear about it on here.