• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Was that game last night fixed or what?

Farley

Giants vs. Colts. Eli vs. Peyton. One playoff bound team vs. another. Biggest hyped game of the year and the refs determine the outcome. WTF? That B.S. call on the Giants for "pushing off" was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Then the "illegal snap"? What is an illegal snap? The guys in the booth didnt even clarify what it was because they've never heard of it before. Then the ref puts 7 seconds on the clock and keeps it running so the Giants have to scramble to get one more play off and it results in an incomplete pass to end the game. Both times I think the Giants could have gotten a FG to tie it up if it werent for those B.S. calls.

I can't stand Eli. But the Giants could have and should have won that game. Tiki Barber was unstoppable.

2005 draft. "But Daaaad, I dont wanna pway for the Chargers". He's a baby.

He showed how good of a QB he is last night, he gave up the ball a few times but the way he led the team was impressive I think. Still dont like the guy.

Yeah, that "push-off" call was junk. Let the guys play football, that was a good play, no foul committed at all there.

In the Colts defense though, Peyton showed much more composure than Eli, and although Eli finished with a better pass rating, Peyton was the much better QB.

And I agree, Tiki is about as good as they come. Jacobs isn't a bad back-up either smile.gif

Hopefully Brad Johnson and LT can get me some points tonite. 9 points back from my match-up...

I don't think the call was that bad. Although it was not a powerful push, you could tell it occured right at the moment the Dback was trying to turn his shoulders and hip to break on the play. By lifting his elbow it threw off his balance which is why he slipped/stumbled. It was one of those sneaky veteran moves and CARTER just got caught.

It wasnt Paxico on that play. It was T. Carter.

I didnt see a touch at all, I think the D-back just got his butt burned big time.

Can someone explain what an illegal snap is? I dont even know what happened there. None of the announcers even expanded on that. They just said "oh yeah, they put that rule in effect two years ago". That sounds to me like they didnt know what happened either. And why would you take 10 seconds off the clock, then keep it running? Doesnt the clock stop on a penalty?

Jacobs is going to be a stud. 6-4, 250. Fits well in that offense as a 3rd down and goal line back. I snagged him on draft day. Probably as a keeper.

I just think the DB thought Carter was going deep. Then when he realized Carter checked back it was too late and he tried doing a 180 going 100 mph... gonna fall trying to do that.

You have to pump your arms when trying to gain speed or change directions, so naturally it's going to look like he lifted his elbow/shoulder when making the cut. It's a natural running posture, and no contact was made in order to push off. The DB just got stuck on the turn-around... I'm giving props to Carter on that one, good play...

i didn't see the illegal snap in question but i know of one illegal thing a center can do. Once the center puts his hand on the ball it is illegal for him to sort of pump fake it back to the QB, basically fake the snap. I have seen this one other time awhile back and it is subtle but it does cause the D line to jump since they are qued in on the ball movement. I am just guessing that this is what happened. You don't see it often but it is a no-no.

Ya the calls were at a terrible time for sure. Both were decent calls just at terrible times. If they happened in the second quarter nobody would be talking about them today.

The better team last night won. Eli will be good but still has a lot of learning to do. The last interception was a young/dumb mistake.

Can someone explain what an illegal snap is?

The center has to remain motionless for 1 second prior to the snap. He can not move his free hand, arm, etc. or they can flag an illegal snap.

They are also not to pick up the ball and replace it in an attempt to draw the other team offsides. Its a fairly common call everywhere but the pros where fundamentals always slip some...

I thought the push off was actually a good call. I don't know how much he moved the defender, but he enhanced his ability to make the cut by using the defender to turn, thereby "GAINING SEPERATION" the textbook offensive pass interference standard...