• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

9/9 Report

wideyes

Started out cranking on banana at 4:30 pm Saturday. I was using a # 5 green shad rap. My partner was using a clown pencil. After his 2nd fish in 10 minutes. I switch to the same . Five minutes later I had a 19.5 in the boat.After that nothing ! switched up colors a few times and gave up.

Headed to east side rocks picked up 5 more fish in 8-12 fow. shads caught NO fish only pencils. Clown and blue/purple. Water temp was averaged 65

Still too early for the heavy crank bite to go. We marked a bunch and tried to crank for a while with no results.

We caught 4 (18, 17.5, 15.5, 4") and one jumbo. The walleyes came on leeches (two drifting with long snells, one bobber) the perch and short walleye cam eon bobber and minnow.

The fish are hitting cranks right now....try different speeds...S-turns....and switch up lures. Best averages for me have been 1.8-2.2 mph...over shallow rocks....with #12 husky jerks.

Is the crank bite only on after dark? I'm heading up to Mille Lacs tomorrow during the day, not sure how late we'll be on the water. I know night time is the right time but the boat and captain are only available during the day.

Any suggestions for during the day?

My buddy is resistant to trolling, so we bobbed, started about 7:30 PM. We did land a 26.5, 19 and a 21, along with a few tiny ones, we missed a few as well. We used leeches. It looks like I need to work on the trolling for the fall bite... Also we did ding the prop a bit at the Garrison landing, watch the shallow rocks.