• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
outdoor ran

Glendel gets attacked

outdoor ran

The dog went nuts this morning in the house, so I suspected we had an animal in the yard. Went outside to check to see what was up. To my surprise my Glendel 3D deer target was in pieces scattered in the yard. All that was left standing was its legs, but the rubar posts were severely bent. The head and antlers were broken about 10 yards away. I found the main body about 20 yards away under a pine tree.

We have had a bear in the yard a couple times this summer. I believe its too early in the year for a buck to be attacking it, to me it just seems odd that a bear would attack this target and not hit the bird feeders. Could this be the work of some coyotes or maybe even a wolf?

I put him back together and took a couple pics. Looking at the shooting block heart area, you notice four or five claws marks. Notice how it looks like it tried to eat the deers gut area? Any ideas?

target1.jpg

target3.jpg

cliffy

That is wild ooo.gif. I have no ideas....but am interested in what others may guess.

picksbigwagon

I have never heard of someone decoying bears, you might be on to something grin.gif

VMS

I would say coyote or wolf.

Steve

Swamp Scooter

My vote is wolf. If it was a coyote then there would have been more than one but the wolf would take it down and then grab that back leg and cripple it. If you put some buck scent on it and set it up in front of a trail cam you might get to see if anything comes back.

WalleyeWeasel

Neighbors dog ?? probably a puppy.........

fishermn

Looks more like the work of a cat to me... shocked.gif

Any bite or claw marks around the neck area?

tunrevir

heeeeeere kitty, kitty, kitty. Neck wounds? Good thing you cary your bow when approaching that target. smile.gif South range? Anywhere near Rusk CO.? They got wolves up in that area as well as some lynx and bobcats as we have caught the with the trail cams a time or two.

Tunrevir~

HOGEYE

Send an email to Glendall. Who knows they may give you a new target.

I would guess a young dumb bear.

outdoor ran

my dad works for the company that makes the glendall here in Superior. He was going to show his the boss the pix. Said he'd get a kick out of that. I think I better throw my camera up. I'm very curious has to what is was. I have 3 small children running around the yard.

Dahitman44

That is kinda nuts. I have small boys at home and it is a little creepy.

Did you check with the DNR?

outdoor ran

I ran into our local warden yesterday while goose hunting and showed him the pics. All he did was laugh.

The body on this target is heavy. Its the biggest one they make i believe. I cant see a coyote or small dog dragging it that far. Can't be a boar with those claw marks. I'm hoping it was a bear and not a cougar or wolf. Even though we do have some in this county.

OUTDOORNUT

A buddy of mine had his full body targert dragged 30 yards into the woods this spring. We found teeth marks around the neck that measured 9 1/4" between the k-9's! As we investigated the area we found perfect cat tracks in the mud and we also found were it launched itself from when it attacked the target. The most impressive part was how deep the the teeth marks were in the neck........you'd have little chance against an animal of this sorts! A call to the DNR about his concerns (mostly for his two young neices and the family dogs) were never returned.

FYI.....this happened in the dead center of Duluth!

WalleyeWeasel

SASQUATCHES !!

colonel42

Looks like my ex-wife was in your back yard. Meaner then a junk yard dog!!!Didn't I tell you your not going hunting!!!!!!!! Ohhh just felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up. When does open season on ex-wives start??

WalleyeWeasel

Quote:

When does open season on ex-wives start??

I have one of those in Hibbing also.........If you have the koo-dots i'm thinking the season never closes !! grin.gif

setterguy

Chupecabra???

chris63

Hello all,I think you have the work of a hungry bigfoot.........hehehe.c63.hope you have a good opener!!!!!!!!!!