• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I have been seeing some birds lately, it looks like they may be on there upswing. anyone pumped up for the opener next weekend, I know I am.

My family has some land near Portage lake on W210. Because the weather was so hot this summer, didn't get a chance to look around. Lot's of WMA land there, so hope there are some grouse near us. Will know in mid-Sept when we go up to do the deer stands. This cool weather gets the blood pumping again. laugh.giflaugh.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

I have been seeing some birds lately, it looks like they may be on there upswing. anyone pumped up for the opener next weekend, I know I am.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

YES

I'll be in the area on Saturday chasing around a few grouse. I've also noticed an increase in bird number throughout the north country.

Let us know how you do, I haven't hunted the McGregor area in probably 10 years due to some "unfortunate shots" that were taken at my father and myself by other hunters. Kinda ruins a weekend of hunting when you are minding your own business...But would love to try it agian if the numbers of birds are there.

• 2 weeks later...

was out on the opener, but soo were many others, not a good day. went out in the rain friday, seen one grouse, had no shot. it will get better, I never have done well on the first couple weeks of the season.

how is everyone else doing so far?