• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Windy City Walleye Hunter

The Wind Speaks!

OK,

You guys asked for it....you got it!

First, let me address my ole buddy Geno, the Cubbie-Loving Machine. From now on, I will refer to Geno as the "cuckoo Cubbie Loving Machine and for this reason. The cuckoo bird is one of the only birds who will take over anyother birds nest rather than build their own.

Geno, you have been in more beds than a $20 hooker. You were in love with the Indians last year and swore they were going to pass the Sox...didn't happen. Now you jump to this year's flavor of the month, the Twinks. I guess if the Sox beatout the Twinks but don't pass the Kitties you will jump into the Kitties bed, huh?

The truth is Geno, a die hard Cubbie fan has not mentioned his team in months. Congrats Geno, your team has worked long and hard this year to achieve their new level of stink. They had to blow many games in the past 18 to lose 16 of them to drop to the WORST TEAM IN THE NATIONAL LEAGUE!

If they work a little harder they can pass the Royals (who only trail them by 4 games) to become the WORST TEAM IN THE MAJORS!

Maybe, just maybe, Geno you should shut your pie-hole for a while or just use the phrase that Cub fans have been using for the past 100 years....WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR! I have never jumped ship and cheered for another team, my first love and only love has always been the White Sox and since I was 10 years old in 1969 my two favorite teams have been and always will be THE WHITE SOX AND WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE CUBS!

Do you like apples, Geno? HOW DO YOU LIKE THOSE APPLES?

As for the rest of you Twinkie-eaters. You are guilty to some extent of the same thing Geno is. You were in love with the Indians last year as your Twinks suffered in futility even though they had the greatest pitcher ever to rub a rosin bag on their team and you will make the same mistake this year. You loved the Injuns, right up until they failed and you could only watch as the Sox ruled the playoffs. Now this year, you get a sniff of the playoffs and you are getting all goosy pimply...well chew on this. Your Twinks barely have a .500 record against teams that are better than .500 at 46-43. If you look at the three division leaders the news gets even better. You have a LOSING record of 12-16 and last time I checked, the best teams are the only ones that make the playoffs. Good luck running your one pitcher against some of the better teams in the playoffs on the off chance you happen to stumble into the playoffs. The only thing you will be assured of (maybe) is not getting swept in any of the series, if the great YO-Han can manage to pitch a decent game. If you happen to make the playoffs against the Yanks or A's you have about a 50/50 chance and if you go up against the Kitties, your record this year is a pitiful 5-10!

YOU CAN PUT THAT ON THE BOARD....YES!

As for talking about my lack of posting, you should check more carefully. I posted to various threads on Sept 3 and 4th. Sorry, I took the 5th off and played a little Texas Hold Em on the boats. I guess I need to talk about the terrible game the Sox had against the Red Sox, they really got rocked! Vasquez got his clock cleaned and gave up three hits over the complete game he pitched and allowed a run! The nerve, we should trade him, any interest in Twinkie ville, oh wait, your starters are locked in and ready for the playoffs, I forgot. It's Yo-Han, Biff, Boff, Buffy and who is the 5th?

As for your remarks about Dye and Jenks, they were taken out for several games with back and hip injuries so yeah I guess you can say Jenks blew the game. Thome was also injured and never did you hear me complain about injuries. Every team has them and has to play through them.

Good luck in the next three weeks and may the best team win!

Oh yeah, and Geno your contention of trying to get Buzz to drop me as his running mate will not go over. You see, Buzz and I are die hard Republicans who have great conservative values. You have flip-floped more than a wind sock in the last two years, jumping from one bed (Injuns) to the next (Astros) to the next (Twins) This is an obvious trait of a Democrat, much like your last president, The Philanderer in Chief, Mr. Clinton. I don't think you could get on our ticket, wrong color state!

Just remember what Tony Soprano said, "Revenge is a dish best served cold"!

Hugs and Kisses!

Windy

Oh, bye the bye, just to be fair. We should also look at the White Sox record against .500 teams or better. It is 42-35 (.545) (the Twinks, if you recall, are 46-43)(.517) and their record against the three division leaders is....DRUM ROLL PLEASE....16-9 (.640) (Twinks are 12-16)(.429)!

I guess if the Sox don't make the playoffs the Twinks only hope is that Congress passes a law that allows the Royals or Devil Rays into the playoffs and make it manditory that the Cubbies are allowed to play in the World Series (this would be the best chance they have of getting into the playoffs), then the Twinks should be all set! Maybe Geno can start drafting that piece of legislature to share with Buzz?

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES! Windy

Correction Guys,

The Hawk, Ken Harrelson, just brought it to my attention that my math was incorrect when I reported that the Sox were 42-35 against .500 teams. I was wrong, the Sox are 44-33 against .500 teams which is a .571 winning percentage instead of the .545 that was previously reported. Sorry!

You can now return to your game against the lowly Devil Rays, relax, you're doing well! Windy

Spinner1

Dang Windy, you sure get grouchy when the Sox are slumping. smile.gif

Hey Guys,

Let me take this time to apologize to all of you. The pressure of this season has gotten to me as I realize that my beloved Pale Hose are not going to make the playoffs this year. I guess it is clear that they have nothing left in the tank. They just got manhandled by the Red Sox the last three games, giving up an outrageous 5 runs in three games and it is also clear that Vasquez and Contreras have nothing left in their tanks. First Vasquez gets rocked for three hits and a run in a complete game and then Contreras showed that he has nothing left to contribute as the Red Sox batted him around for another run and 4 big hits in 8 innings. The Red Sox showed why they are so powerful in dominating the White Sox by scoring a whopping 5 runs to the White Sox measly 10 runs over the three games. Boy do I wish we had your starters or even some of your bull pen. Neshek really looked good tonight against the D-Rays, you should feel confident going into the playoffs with ole Pat! And your starters...fagedaboudit! They are ready to show the world what a dominant starting 5 they are.

So I guess I admit that you guys have built up an insurmountable half game lead over us lowly third place dwellers. We can't even see the Kitties who are a whopping 4.5 games ahead of us while you are nipping on their heels at only 4 games out. So relax, order your playoff tickets and watch as I slither out of the scene with my tail between my legs. YOU WIN! I was wrong, can you ever forgive me???

"Come into my parlor...said the spider to the fly" Windy

blue_healer_guy

And you guys think I'm an ahole for my Mauer rip?

Jorgie

Windy, I have to say that even though you are cheering for the White Sox, I enjoy your posts. Your biting sarcasm may piss me off at first, but you're informed and speak the truth. Neshek was garbage tonight and that was not the way to get ready for a series against Detroit. I still think the wild card or division will come down to the last series, so all I will say is, may the best team win.

(the Twins) wink.gif

blue_healer_guy

I guess the reason I'm responding again is because in this day and age you actually admitted your a republican. How embarrassing is that. You're jealous of Geno because your team is 3rd in popularity in your city. Your manager is an arrogant pinhead(speak some english.) You have had 1 injury all season, no wonder you don't bring it up. As of now, your club is the biggest dissappointment in baseball. Do you remember that you are world champions? Your club is trailing 2 teams that no one outside of the midwest can name more than 4 players. Your organization has been trying to copy the way the Twinkies play for the last 4 years and your announcers have never been suspended. Put that on your stupid little board!

sdstatekid

Hey windy, you can correct me if im wrong, but i was looking at the twins season schedule and before june 8 they were 14-24(.368) against 500 teams, since they are 32-19(.627).

fishyguy

Windy,

Who cares what record is against what team. I believe all 162 games count in the standings. So if the Twinks blow against the good teams but have the same record as the Sox that must mean your Sox blow against the teams that blow.

You want to rip the Twins pitching staff as a bunch of nobodies but yet those never will be's managed to get our team to leap frog yours while your boys were getting shut down by Julian Tavares and some AAA call up. Our staff is also 11 spots better than yours in the ERA standings.

The only standings that count are the W - L ones and it is going to be an exciting race between some very good teams.

I recommend more ice, more mix and it will all become clear again.

PS. Lay off the bowl of Grumpy O's in the morning. You just aren't quite as lovable when you are all crabby.

SledNeck

Funny, windy, you don't strike me as a republican.

cough.

Eric Wettschreck

Someone give windy a bloody mary quick!!!!

joe_stack20

I have said this once before....but isnt there a

www.fishingIllinois.com site????? cool.gifblush.gifshocked.giflaugh.giftongue.gif

Willy

Well Windy, you will make a great politician and running mate for Buzz, because you are the master of SPIN!

I can go out and dig up stats to make my team look better too. sdstatekid already gave you some evidence. This is a whole different team from the first two months of the year and if you want to take an objective look at stats and things, take them from June - on.

Also, I will agree, our starters right now are nobodies. Funny thing is, our nobodies are pitching quite a bit better than your all-stars. grin.gif

One more tiny little thing, if you haven't been watching the wire lately, you might have missed that Liriano is on his way back and will get 4 starts in before the playoffs. And just so you know, that will line him up for game one of the 3 gamer with the poopsox at the end of the year. So that gives us not one but 2 of the best pitchers to ever rub a rosin bag. Actually this year they have been the two best pitchers in the AL and it's not even a discussion.

buzzsaw

Quote:

I guess the reason I'm responding again is because in this day and age you actually admitted your a republican. How embarrassing is that

I'd be more embarrased to be a close minded american!! I've always been of the opinion that doing something wrong is better than doing nothing at all. I just couldn't let that comment go without responding... don't get all bent out of shape now... the Dems still have a strong welfare program in place to help those that don't want to help themselves.

Back to baseball, Neshek stinketh and Detroit continues to allow us and Chicago to saty close.

CodyDawg

How about that Chisox offense in the first 2 games of the Bosox series, how come you dont comment about that?

I like the comment about the Chisox being the biggest disappointment in baseball. I think it is right on. They are behind 2 teams nobody expected to do anything this year, who have both seen a lot of injuries. Meanwhile, the chisox add Thome and have NO injuries to speak of and are behind them both. Man, talk about a choke job. I think they should be renamed the Chicago Guillen-Choked-On-His-Not-So-White Sox. What a collective bunch of underachievers. A classic, classic example of the sum is less than the parts team. If I were running that team, I would think about adding Daunte Culpepper to provide some awesome stats....but not win games.

To be realistic about it, I dont see how the Twins can win. I sure hope they do, but with the talent they have going (Santana and pray for rain), there is no way they should make the playoffs. The Wild Card is clearly the White Sox's to lose.

joe_stack20

Well Said Willy!!! Windy is just finding reasons to get us Twins fans all riled up. Since is "Beloved Pale Hose" are on there way out this year...hes gotta be like a 12 year old and tell us Twins Fans, who are all supporting our home team, hence the fishingminnesota.com site name, just how bad our team is! LOL...thats right windy LOL...go cry in some other corner cuz this one aint listening!! "YOU CAN PUT THAT ON THE BOARD....YES!!!"

From World Champios to 3rd place in their division.....Thats just sad!

Jorgie

Quote:

Well Said Willy!!! Windy is just finding reasons to get us Twins fans all riled up. Since is "Beloved Pale Hose" are on there way out this year...hes gotta be like a 12 year old and tell us Twins Fans, who are all supporting our home team, hence the fishingminnesota.com site name, just how bad our team is! LOL...thats right windy LOL...go cry in some other corner cuz this one aint listening!! "YOU CAN PUT THAT ON THE BOARD....YES!!!"

From World Champios to 3rd place in their division.....Thats just sad!

Well said cousin. I forgot you were on this site. We should go ice fishing this winter when Jay is back.

Eric

buzzsaw

You guys are letting Windy rile you up, he does this in fun (you know that by now) and is laughing when he reads the heated comebacks.... lets have fun and be creative with the return shots... I like the comment that the Wild Card is the Sox' to lose, I agree as they are the World Series champs and everybody's pick to go back to the WS (except for the east coast biased fools).

Questions for Windy:

Who's AL MVP?

Who's AL wild card winner and why?

If the Sox miss the playoffs who will you route for?

Do you really care for Harrelson?

You like messing with Twins fans right? smirk.gif

Oh I forgot this post:

Quote:

Windy, I have to say that even though you are cheering for the White Sox, I enjoy your posts. Your biting sarcasm may piss me off at first, but you're informed and speak the truth. Neshek was garbage tonight and that was not the way to get ready for a series against Detroit. I still think the wild card or division will come down to the last series, so all I will say is, may the best team win.

I agree with Jorgie 100%!! I appreciate the effort and sarcasm Windy uses in his posts... we are so alike in this way... it's just that some people take it the wrong way.... I laugh now, last year I was like "Jerko"!!! Keep up the good work! wink.gif

joe_stack20

Jorgie,

Good to hear from you bud...hope all is well with Don. This time of the year the Eyes are really starting to pick up...and the hunting this year should be really good....if you ever wanna come on over and visit..we can go get some Eyes.....or go after the GreenHeads! Just let me know bud!

and be sure to say hi to the family

SledNeck

Quote:

I've always been of the opinion that doing something wrong is better than doing nothing at all.

Wow. Are you serious?

Ah Buzz, you are wise beyond your years young grasshopper! It is funny that more people don't figure it out. If you were a walleye you would probably be about 31 inches or bigger and be very old having never bitten that shiny spinner with a juicy crawler following close behind it. As for the rest, they would be about 16 or 17 inchers and would be all nestled next to each other on my stringer!

Because I like you Buzz, I will let you ask me about my business this one time...one time. Pardon my quote from Michael Corleone.

AL MVP - Has to be Jermaine Dye. stats support it and he has the street cred from last years Series MVP to boot.

AL Wild Card - Sox. Yes, I am admitting now that they may not have enough games left to catch the Kitties, though I think the Kitties will be running on fumes come October and could be easy fodder come playoff time.

Who will I cheer for if the Sox don't get to the dance. Probably the Kitties, Maggs deserves a chance to dance and they would be the Central champs so I got to stick close to home.

Do I like The Hawk. Yes I do, but then again, I like to watch The Jerry Springer show too!

And the answer to your last question...YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES!

We may be separated by about 350 miles Buzz but somehow I think you may be the younger brother that I never had or the college room mate that I wished I had.

Old Chinese proverb says...May you live in interesting times. Should be some interesting times in the next three weeks here in the heartland of the good ole US of A.

Hugs and Kisses (see, I can be a kinder and gentler person)

Windy

buzzsaw

YES! But don't put me in a box about the war, I was speaking in general terms. My point is that the Dems are set up to help the needy and the republicans are more about building business' and taking care of yourself... some people don't or won't try to get ahead or take a chance and in my opinion it's the typical Democrat (stereotyping)... I'm a go getter and have worked hard to get where I'm at in life... I see others who milk the system and frankly it irks me. Too many people with their hands out and thinking that somebody owes them something... we all get what we work for.... nothing ventured, nothing gained. You pickin' up what I'm putting down Sled?

genegodawa

PHEW!!!!!!! Where to begin....lessseee,

1. Windy fails to mention he made no posts from 8/26 - 9/3, a period which I would not doubt was when the Twins passed the WSox, but don't quote me on that---'lil help from anyone?

2. He was probably gambling for that whole week.

Bookie: "Who''s your favorite baseball team?"

Windy: "Wsox"

Bookie: "Place your bet"

Windy: "against the Cubs"

Bookie: "You are only allowed to bet on your favorite team"

Windy: "No thanks"

I hereby allow Windy to root for whoever is playing the Cubs while he does not allow me to root for whoever is playing the WSox - that's fair, isn't it? NOT! Like a true politician - "what's good for me isn't good for you"

3. I believe Windy may have missed my post about "never letting them see you sweat" so here is my reminder to him: it don't work with us.

We all know how he plays: if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, then baffle 'em with bullsh**. I mean, he is so full of it sometimes that his eyes are brown.

Only 3 hits blah blah blah, only 1 run blah blah blah, but nowhere did he mention the losing team, the WSox, which is all that matters.

4. MJGROSE - I, for one, apologize for making you think you are anywhere near the quality of our good WSox fan/buddy.

5. Windy does deserve to be commended for sticking with the ship as it sinks, just too bad he doesn't allow me to have the same rights with my Cubbies who, in case you all missed it, also won yesterday and, for one day anyway, are out of last place.

5. Let's add it to the list of what you just don't discuss in public: politics, religion, and baseball.

PS Buzz, you'll never get elected in MN with that running mate, sarcasm or not.

PPS And speaking of "mates", how 'bout a moment of silence, or in Windy's case a week of silence, for the dear departed CrocHunter. I just hate when bad things happen to good people but I know deep down it is part of some master plan.

fishyguy

I always go with "the only thing worse than a bad decision is no decision".