• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FFL Draft question

Dave B

We have a 16 team league that is primarily scoring (only pts for TDs-6 and 3 pts for 100 rushing/receiving or 300 yds passing).

I have the #2 pick and wont pick again until 31 and 34. Because of the 16 teams RBs are usually even more important than other leagues.

Since I NEED points out of that 1 pick, I am leaning toward Tomlinson since Alexander hasnt been without Hutchinson and LJ hasnt played a full year yet. Assuming LJ or Alexander go #1, am I crazy for passing on one of these guys and taking a "safer" pick that might not do as well? Remember, my 2nd back will likely be a scrub at pick 31.

Personally I think if Alexander is there he is the "safe" pick. Heck in a league so TD heavy I'd take him at #1. I know he lost Hutch, but that line is still solid across the board. Besides, they play in the NFC West. That means they get to play the defenses of SF, AZ, and St. Louis twice a year. The Seattle offense is still going to be pretty darn good, so I think there are going to be plenty of TD opportunities for Alex.

Truthfully though I think it is splitting hairs when looking at the top 3 and it really comes down to personal preference. You can find faults which each of them as well as great upside. Good Luck in your decision.

I would go LJ, alex and LT. I also play in a league just like this and you will get frustrated with a few 90 yards rush 55 yards receive games that get you no points with LT. The other two are primarily runners. In the later pick keep an eye on Brandon jacobs. He had 7 td's last year and I predict 10 this year. Other sleepers include Dunn and Foster who will both see goaline carries this year. Good Luck.

p.s. my record for the first three years in this league is 3rd, 2nd, and 2nd. Still looking for the trophy but at least I'm cashing in every year. grin.gif