• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I just moved back into Gustavus yesterday and did a little scouting south of LeSueur last night, to not much avail. just curious if any one is seeing geese any where. also if any one would be willing to bring a couple of college guys with them we have 3 dozen bigfoots/green head full bodies and lay out blinds. we do know what we are doing its just hard to find time to really scout between classes and such. thanks for your time and hopefully info. Jonah

Musky---I go to school over in Mankato and have been scouting around the area. I have seen a few birds working fields but getting on the land is a little difficult. Well if you ever want to go out scouting sometime together or get a couple rigs going let me know. I've got 3 1/2 dozen GHG full bodies and layout blind. Just let me know.

hey man good to hear from you again this year. whats your cell # we might have something tonight i still need to get permission so nothoing is for sure. JOnah

Musky---I dont think tonight would be able to work for me. I got class from 4-6 and by the time I get everything together it would be kind of late. I am still interested in going hunting sometime though. I am planning on scouting tomorrow sometime. My number is 651-491-1803

-Chad

i asked 5 farmers today and recieved 4 no's and one i sold all my land this summer so i cant give permission. sorry browning i am having the same problem as you are. any help will be greaty appecitated. thanks Jonah

hey musky I was down that way over labor day weekend. I was fishing with the hopes of pass shooting a goose or two and nothing in range but I think they would have decoyed easy enough. Saw alot of geese on the river. its shallow and the sand bars could be pretty good spot to set up on . saw most of the geese at evening time along with hundreds of wood ducks. just a thought good luck guys.

Musky---Yeah its tough getting permission around the area. It seems like someone else hunts it or an outfitter leases out the field. Well like elwood says the river might not be a bad spot....set up on a sand bar (i've got waders and a boat). Well I got permission to some uncut corn right now but not sure when it will be out. Give me a call sometime if you want to go scouting or hunting. Later

-Chad

thanks T.O. i knew you would have some info for me. have you been hunting yet? if you want to get out some time let me know i would love to meet you and maybe shoot some birds. Jonah

looked around north of Leseuer tonight and didnt see much. i think its over to montgumery in the morning.

Several flocks went through town from the N ~7:30 pm this evening. I'm not sure how far S they went, but the sky line from my house was black with geese for a good 30 minutes. They're around. grin.gif

Good Luck!

Hey Browning83 I lived across from you in Campusview a couple years ago. I have a few fields in the area if you are interested for later in the year. One is south west of town near Rapidan, and the other ones are all on the north side of swan lake. I'm hunting a pasture this weekend out by swan, but I'm really waiting till my farmers get their corn out. It should be good later in the year. Shoot me an E-mail.

[email protected]

Matt

Hey Musky I spoke with a farmer near lake emily this morning and he said they were going to start harveting some of the corn that was flat on the ground from the tornado. That might be worth a drive and maybe if you and some buddies would offer to help a little with picking debrie out as they harvest that might go a long way. I would think there should be plenty of food left to attract them and that area has a few birds around.

Thanks Farmer

Fishky---thanks for the invite. I would would for sure like to hunt with you. If you ever want to go scouting or whatever just let me know. Like I said earlier I got decoys and blinds and calls so whenever you want to go. Let me know how you do this weekend....I am heading up north again...we did really well last weekend.

-Chad

thanks for the tip i will investigate farther. thanks to all for the help. we are still trying to find i field and the info you guys give helps us a ton. thanks again Jonah

Looks like you had a great morning Eric.Maybe you cannot out fish Otter,but it looks like you could give him a run for his money with the honkers.

For as close as they came in, I think just about anyone could have gotten them. smile.gif There's a "few" geese around though. I could have stayed out a little while longer and likely gotten one more goose for a limit, but 4 geese is way plenty for now. It'll only get better into late October when the big ones come down. These are just your typical 9-10 pound locals. Can't wait to get the 11-13 pounders with 1/4" fat on them! cool.gif

my group and I have shot 58 geese this last week and still lots around went out last night and got 13 this morning we took 7 got 2 with bands this week I would look south of janesville there are a few 100 geese working the fields there

Trouble---sounds like you guys did good down around here....we did well up north this week. I was wondering how the farmers are about getting on land or if a lot of the fields are already called for. If you ever are looking for people to hunt just let me know. I got decoys/blind/calls. Otherwise maybe I'll see you out there.

hey trouble28 are there any fields that a guy could get on over there or are they all taken already? Thanks Jonah

Ya there are fields around the area a guy could get into we just got a new field last night the guy picked the corn this last weekend we been doing alot of pass shooting the last 2 weekends on city land we do have a few fields browing I will let you know when the geese start using them next month they will get hot

sounds good to me we got on some corn for later in the fall if you guys can swing up and hunt. JOnah

Hey Musky this is troubles brother and we do have a couple spots to hunt I usually get out every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday if you are up for it sometime... I will be heading out tomorrow morning after I get off work me and my other bro and a friend. Cell number is (507)469-1012 Name is Ryan. Just shoot me a call when ya want to get out and can prolly get ya out with us to see if we cant get some birds...