• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Freemont WMA

AF-1984

Has anyone ever hunted in this WMA? It is just West of Zimmerman. Wondering if it was worth while to do any bowhunting? Any help would be appreciated.

I hunted turkey on it.. I think thats the one. I would say yes, there was alot of sign in the area. There was not that many people in the area so you would have some free space. Be careful though in the early season - there seems to be alot of minority small game hunters that shoot at everything.

It is the sherburne wildlife refuge and there is alot of land but be sure to look up the open dates for the area you are hunting and the refuge itself........I believe it opens up soon but there are many areas that you cannot hunt on. ( It closes down during the spring and stays closed through summer I believe but I could be wrong on the summer part)......

ozzie is incorrect that this area is part of Sherburne. I know of the Freemont WMA but I never checked it out. I drove by and its almost completely surrounded by development. It could be a great spot, it could be a cluster-F. No way to know unless you get out there.

go here for the freemont wma info hope it helps a bit

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/wmas/detail_report.html?map=COMPASS_MAPFILE&mode=itemquery&qlayer=bdry_adwma2py3_query&qitem=uniqueid&qstring=WMA0017500

powerstroke did you get out either for dove or geese? how did you do? i wish we could take some geese from that little lake behind those fountain place aparments sure are alot of geese and ducks back there but you know that he he he cool.gifgrin.gif i hit hastings wma for dove got a couple there and might try a place down 35 if you want more info send me an email penasoccer at yahoo

AF 1984

send me an email i have a spot you might want to try for archery penasoccer at yahoo good amount of deer great spots to hunt

If it not part of the Sherburn Wildlife Refuge where are you talking about then???? I live right near there and although I don't study up a whole lot on the names I just have never heard of the Freemont WMA confused.gif......If it is west of Zimmerman I thought all of that is considered S.W.R just curiuos as to what you are talking about then......Thanks

First of all follow the link posted above, This is the DNR info page about the WMA from the rec compass.

The WMA is on the western edge of Zimm. Its actually inside some development. FOllow the link and you can see a map and aerial photo is you want. Its 165 acres.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Well its worth a shot anyways go chase the ducks and geese out of there for me so they head to my dads pond. I might have to go down there and do it myself.