• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bert's F bomb

Dotch

Couldn't believe my ears as I was still half asleep from the nap I'd been taking following the wedding dance the night before. Thought perhaps the FCC had relaxed their rules while I was sleeping ala Rip Van Winkle! grin.gif

All kidding aside, as one who's done some occasional TV & radio stuff over the years, it's easy to make a slip of the tongue. Luckily, most of the time it's taped so it can be edited. Sounds like Bert was under the impression he was being taped when he said it. Was a little surprised they weren't operating on a delay though. Appears Bert's suspended for the last two televised Tampa games and may be talking about a possible fine for the station. Hope it's not much and doesn't cost him his job. The games were definitely pretty bland to watch when he was off lately. He's far too talented, insightful and entertaining and to let a flub like that end his TV career with the Twins.

I agree with you Dotch. Bert adds too much entertainment and insight to the game and I hope he doesn't loose his job over it. Herb Carneal is another mattter however. I'ts time for him to let it go.

So what exactly was the context in which he swore? Was it an exclamation about a stupid play or was he just talking about something else?

All that I could find out was that it was during a pre game show that Bert thought was being taped but was going out live. FCC said he used words (2) that are banded from daytime broadcasting. 6am to 10pm ( I think that was the time quoted )Did anyone actually here what he said?

It was during the pre-game and I only caught the one occurence. Mind you, I was still half asleep but it sounded like Bert said something along the lines of, "Boy, I really ____ed that up!" and then he mentioned something about another take. Both me & the Mrs. started laughing. Then someone informed him they had been live and you could just tell he would've liked to have crawled under a rock. I think that's where most of the Twinkies were hiding yesterday. Pitiful performance but they won today.

I was watching it and I too was surprised. It was really funny beacuse it caught me off gaurd. Bert blyleven is a drunkin' tard so it shouldnt be too surprising.

All of this big deal over 1 little word that everybody that is watching has heard before. Kids hear worse on their video games for God's sake.

1899 called, it wants the FCC's rules back.

Over the last few years, a Twins TV game without Bert and "circle me Bert", it just wouldn't be the same!!

Listen to the WGN, NY, LA, or Espn guys, and realize the Twins have the best TV and radio personalities in the game. Dick, Bert, Dan, Herb and that other guy help make the game.

"Way back, way back, "TOUCH EM' ALL' Kirby Pucket" could never get old, but "you can put that on the board" got old the second time.

ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh man that was funny!!! I feel sorry for Bert though, not knowing they were live. "we gotta do this f-ing thing over because I just f-ed it up". "Well we're live!".

Geez....I hope they don't butcher him too badly. He's a great tv personality and provides experienced insight and I hope we don't lose him over that.

That video was great, almost as good as when Harry Carry in San Fran. The camera spanned the outfield section and 2 young adult were making out. He said "look at that, he's kissing her between the strikes and she's kissing him between the balls!" Steve Stone laughed for 10 minutes!

hopefully he only gets the two game suspension. Plus the network will be fined from the FCC.

Wow! I feel bad for Bert but it is pretty funny. The look on his face is hilarious.

Bad word with worse timing.

I think it was taken out of context! smile.gif

The bad news: Latest reports have Bert getting an additional 3 game suspension. mad.gif The good news: Doesn't sound like they'll fire him. grin.gif

Just watched the video and I have to agree. It looks like ole Bert just soiled his BVD's after they came back to him in the shot. That is Hi-Larious! Too bad about the suspension but you know about the tight-arsed FCC. I think they were trying to beat them to the punch to save Bert by giving him the 3 day vacation. Windy

High school calculus was 20 years ago so my math is a little rusty. However, I'm thinkin it's like 205 days until Berts birthday. I don't know about you fellers but it sure is nice to have him back.

It Happens!!

After our walk off home run win over Texas on Wednesday Fox Sports are interviewing Jim Leyland. They mentioned he looked pretty chipper, the way he bounced up the steps to join in the celebration. Leyland said he "took his artheritis pill ten minutes before the home run. That Shxx Really Works!" Fox quickly broke back to the studio and appologized for the language. I, and I'm sure most Tiger fans were ROTFLMAO. Don't you just love live TV?