• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Born2Fish

Todd Pinkston a viking

Born2Fish

Just saw last night that the vikings signed him to a one year deal. Must be looking for depth at the WR position.

Fishin Beast

Great move.....not. Hopefully they do not put this guy into the starting lineup anytime soon. I like our starting 3. We need a number 1 reciever not a number 2-3, we have enough of those. Lots of cuts going on with players that would be better than Pinkston.

Born2Fish

Yeah personally i kinda like that Carter guy(#11). Made some good cathes in the preseason and looked like he could be a legitimate #3 guy along with williamson.

zepman

I can't believe they let Carter go just to replace him with Pinkston. This guy was a young playmaker---something the Vikes need terribly. He was not bad at returning kickoffs and punts as well. Big mistake in my book.

united jigsticker

Carter was undrafted; probably for a reason? Maybe.

Carter only had 4 catches; probably for a reason? Maybe.

Carters catches were longer throws; open for a reason? Defenses didn't respect him, and put the worst of the back-up cornerbacks on him? Maybe.

Did you see how accurate he ran routes when you detirmined this un-drafted rookie wearing #11 to be such a talent?

Did you monitor his breaks for precision and consistency throughout the pre-season and training camp?

Did you test him on his comprehension of play calls, and examine his work ethic, attitude, and demeanor on a daily basis?

Did you monitor him in team meetings, and and get a grasp on his overall knowledge of professional football?

Did he like fishing?

Did he like Cheetos?

Does he wear #11 because after 3 years he'd want to be paid more then any other poor decision maker with a bum knee in the league?

Answer these questions...

not_nuf_time

Looked like he could catch the ball (Carter), I want to see opinions on Pinkston, when we all see the alligator arms come out.

Matt Johnson

Quote:

I can't believe they let Carter go just to replace him with Pinkston. This guy was a young playmaker---something the Vikes need terribly. He was not bad at returning kickoffs and punts as well. Big mistake in my book.

I agree. Just watch, a couple years from now Carter will be playing some incredible football for another team, and we'll be kicking ourselves in a @ss again because we passed on another prospect. Seems like the Vikes always do that... heck... I'd say it seems like all Pro MN teams do that grin.gif

Reynolds

The only thing Pinkston can do is go down the field in a straight line. He might not be able to do even that with his bum achilles. I wouldn't doubt if the Vikings actually end up letting him go in the next week or so. Seems like our coach is willing to give anyone he has coached before a chance. Nepotism anyone? Like someone previously mentioned, Carter would have been available to field punts and kickoffs. I also hear that we have signed Brooks Bollinger to a two year extension after only one practice. Why? This guy was was fourth on the Jets depth chart. Now that is scary.

united jigsticker

Well, not so fast.

Jason Carter has been signed to the practice squad after clearing waivers.

A guy with that much speculated talent shouldn't have cleared waivers...

I'd expected the Packers to pick him up. After all, they are looking at Koren.

They're still upset over Darren Sharper though.

TNFL

The Eagles have one of the worst WR core in the league and we pick up thier scraps????????

I'm not saying carter is the next, well, Cris Carter. But at least he is a warm body that could get some special teams use out of. I doubt Todd will play Sp. And I don't think he cracks our top 3 wr's. Soooo whats the point of getting him?

Same with the Jets. They have a starting QB that hasn't played a full season ever. They are a Horrible team offensively. Yet the Vikes think they can mold thier garbage into art. Nice work.

Northlander

Big recievers are "IN". Carter isnt one. I like the kids talent but dont know eneough about him to say if it was a good thing or not. I cant believe he cleared and is on the practice squad. Maybe the Vikes pulled a quicky there?

fishin58

They cut his 135 pound soakin wet, alligaTOR ARMING wuss . thank goodness. Go vikes they looked great tonite. Some issues, but a win is a win and as long as they learn from their mistakes. laugh.gif