• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

latest on the smallies

drizzle

Hows everyone else doing on the smallies? I've spent all day yesterday and only boated one and lost 3. I seen a bunch but couldn't get them to bite. Is it me or are they just not that aggresive lately.

I just got back from a smallie fishing trip up there and got skunked. Spent 2 days trying to catch one. Fished rocks on south side from 1-12 ft. Fished tubes, cranks, topwater,spinnerbaits... Finally switched to walleyes on the flats and salvaged my trip. I did catch some nice eyes but wish i would have went to Green lake. I hear all this hype about the bass fishing out there, but every time I fish it, I eat humble pie.....

The topwater bite has been out of this world for me. Use a rattle trap to find em. Once there located get em on top. Thats the only thing they would hit last week. They wouldn't touch a tube, but attacked a topwater plug aggresively. It hasn't been uncommon to get 30 to 70 fish off a spot once you find em.