• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Christmas Goose Expensive this year

I think I'm suffering sticker shock. I just can't believe how much goose decoys are costing these days. Wow!

I just added another dozen GHG Flocked Head Floaters to the spread. Over 3 bills for a dozen floating honker decoys. Yikes.

If this keeps up, I'm going to need a bigger canoe to carry these things in. blush.gif

Oh well, the guys & gals I work with will appreciate having honker again at the X-mas party. I brought goose last year in a crock pot with cream of mushroom soup and it was gone in no time. Even the people I thought wouldn't touch it said it was absolutely delicious.

Couple days left boys. grin.gif

Quote:

Over 3 bills for a dozen floating honker decoys.

Thats why I buy the cheap flambuea decoys. Cab have a dozen for less than $80 and never had a problem with them and shot many geese over them. Some I have held up more than 5 years and never even had to touch up the paint on them.