• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fall walleyes

anyone know of any decent shore spots to fish for walleyes this fall? I am boatless and only know of a couple places that werent great last year. Thanks

I dont know which spots you tried last fall. Spots to check out in no particular order. West shore Diamond where T-road from Eagle comes in. Saulsbury beach & county park 5(just east of store) Green. Culverts on Foot and Ringo. If we get some rain & water starts to flow Long(by Willmar), Andrew, West Norway.

Raps in flowing water. Soak a big river chub without running water I think J usually has some. If you try all of these spots this fall one or more will give up what your after.

I'm new to the area but did fairly well on Lake Emily last fall also.. never tried bigger minnows but used fatheads and lindy rigged floating jigheads.. funny the local yokels here all swear by usun 2 minnows both tail hooked.. also the chippewa river is good in the fall if ya know where the holes are and have frogs.. hope this hepls

I'll 2nd what eyewarrior, said. Bring shallow shad raps, stickbaits and light jigs (1/16-1/8)w/ twister tails and paddletails. If you would rather take -it easy, See J's bait he'll have some minnows you can catch fish all nite on.

Thats the key for shore spots.

If I am going to fish from shore, I will wade out to about 2-3ft of water. I will also look for areas that have a quick drop of about 2ft water or in-flowing water.

how do you normally fish the minnows, on a jig or does it work to let them sit on the bottom at night?

1/2 OZ egg slip sinker with 3-4 ft leader. aka lindy rig. Get chubs if you can suckers dont work near as well. Suckers will swim to bottom & try to hide in weeds, chubs swim up and around. Cast it out & let it sit. Styrofoam on line close to rod tip will let you see line going out. Bait caster set on free spool works best if you can cast w/o backlash otherwise spinnig rod with closed bail set with anti-reverse off will work. Good Luck its a great way to fish especially if you like to drink a beer or 6 while fishin

eyewarrior

After talking with guys that us larger suckers for muskies. Some guys will place a float inches from the hook to keep the minnow up off the bottom.