• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fishing basswood week of the 18th sept

I'll be fishing Basswood the third week of Sept, has the lake temp usually turned by this time and, are the walleyes still deep, also trying to find some spotted crops Thanks for any help. Tim

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'll bet you have some nice fall colors then.

Never fished Basswood in the fall but I'd looking in the same places I look for eyes in the spring.

Wind blown shorelines if the weather is warm or on the first break. Minnow with either jigs or on a harness for sure along with an assortment of cranks.

You going in through Prairie?

I know Hoist bay has been Historically good for Crappies, Deep, maybe 25 feet in 30-32 feet of water.

Thats where I would go.

Mark

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I going to ely to fish for smelt in october.

Tim,

Not sure where in Basswood you're going, but I'm headed up through Pipestone this weekend so I'll try to let you know where they are. Hopefully, I'll know. Eye's anyway, not sure I'll look to hard for spots.

-Eric

Thanks to everybody for helping me out, I've been fishin' moose, sucker, and basswood for almost 15 years now and haven't found a crop yet. I believe I'll be there after bass season though, so it's catch and release time. can't wait to to say hello the man above, and watch an eagle soar

peace, Tim

NAMAKANWALLEYE,

Where the heck are you going to find 25 or 32 ft of water in Hoist Bay? When the max depth is avg 12 ft?

Sorry Smallmouth Guide,

I was thinking Back Bay, and the reason I said Hoist, was because it was on my mind, you have to go through Hoist bay to get to back bay, via Prairie Portage,

My Mistake! Promise, I'll never do it again!

Namakanwalleye, don't let SM Guide give you any Smolt. You & he appear to be equidistant from Basswood... blush.gif

Good to live in the Northland 'aint it?

Just for fun. -Coma

e·qui·dis·tant

adjective

Definition:

equally distant: situated at the same distance from two or more places or points

Baltimore is almost equidistant from Washington and Philadelphia.

Casaloma,

Thanks for teaching me a new word. I wrote it on my wrist so I can use it the rest of the day. Problem is the wife always makes me take a shower at the end of the open water season.

I took my wife to Pipestone Bay through Fall and Newton Lakes on Labor Day Weekend for her first BWCA experience. Because of the action available for smallies, we spent more time on them than anything. She suprised me with her enjoyment of the whole thing, perhaps the 19"& 20" Smallies she landed helped out. That was great! Photos pending her permission. We caught 6-8 walleyes around the mid-lake island/Caribou Point areas. We might have went further, up to the narrows but I decided to limit pushing travel too much with a delicate and important rookie with me! With the exception of a couple small fish from shore, most were in 15' close to deeper water. Minnows or Leeches being equal but may tip more to minnows by the time you're there. Good Luck!