• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

River Rats

Turk

OK gang here's your chance to back up all those fish stories! Come to the Beanies River Rat 13th annual fishing tournament, I'll be there hoping for some BIG hogs!

Croixeyes (Mike Luett)is the defending champion with 18 pounds last year!

Entry fee is only 40 dollars, and for a good cause.

This year the River Rat Tourny is being held on September 23rd @Beanines (fishing times is from 7:00am to 3 pm), proceeds benefit youth in our community. The 2005 contest raised $3,550 for the St. Croix Valley Youth Service Bureau, an organization committed to improving the lives of young people by developing healthy families and communities through education, prevention and early intervention.

Tasty burgers and brats are served along with chips and soda. Drawings were held for sponsor-donated prizes after the contest. No one who remains for the drawing walks away empty handed!

Cash prizes are awarded for fish in three categories:

Biggest stringer (6 fish (can be walleye/sauger))

Biggest single walleye

Biggest ugly fish (Sturgeon, Carp, Cats, Buffalo)

Keep Catchin'

Turk wink.gif

how do you sign up? Is there 'advance registration' or just show up at Beanie's that morning?

Kork,

Thanks- It'll be up tonight. Things where pointed the wrong way on the server? (whatever that means!)

STCrxNewb,

Just get there by six and pay in the shop and give your name, numbers, address. This tourny is a great mix of competion and a good time. It's fun that way like the Clyde's Tourny, though this is a one day event.

Sure wish I could be in the tournament but I'll be going up on the whitefish chain the 20th till the 24th with the family, were going to stay at clam shell, last few years have been really good fishing, sort of spendy though because we fish with red tails, maybe next year.

Walli1...Ill be up in that area the 21st and 22nd fishin Pelican lake.I hear ya on the price of bait,but thats the bait of choice up that way.There is a brainerd walleye alliance tournament on Pelican on the 24th that I want to get ready for.Its gonna be a great four days of fishing grin.gifIf you get a chance to fish the river rat in the future it is a blast,even if you dont get into the eyes,a big cat or sturgeon can land you some coin.

To add a few notes onto what Turk has said about the River rat.The price of the tournament is 40 per team,A team can only win one catagory.A side note,last year a crappie won the biggest ugliest catagory,no one brought anything else to the scale.Beanies does a wonderful job of putting this thing together and in the end the kids end up the biggest winners.Hope to see everyone down there.........

I'll be there. Lots of fun, fishing and food. Hopefully it's not raining and chilly this year. I wish I'd brought my rock bass, or sucker in last year. I threw them back, thinking they wouldn't win anything. :-) See you all there.

Turk,

I'm planning on getting in on this and this time I cleared the social calender ahead of time. No wedding this year and I am looking foreward to trying my luck downriver. A couple quick questions: With as many as 40-50 teams doens't the ramp get awfully crowded on tourney day? Once you arrive and launch do they have slips or docking for the masses? If it is a 6 fish limit for 2 guys can one guy compete with 6 fish? I have a good livewell but I am a bit worried about the fish making it throughout the day is this a problem(might have to take the 55 gallon barrel along laugh.gif)Hopefully, this is a problem I might have. Is there a way to get the rules out on the forum? I'm looking forewards to fishing some unfamiliar territory and meeting up with some of the other FM folks! Sounds like a great cause! Thanks in advance!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Tunrevir....You can go onto beanies website and find the rules in there.As far as space at the launch,it is limited.I myself launch out of bayport and tool down there to check in.There is a launch in hudson also.If you dont launch at beanies all you do is get down there,go in pay the tourney fee and go back out to your boat and wait for the start.The fish you weigh have to be alive,you can catch a fish and bring it right in to weigh if you need,and i believe you can fish the tourney solo,but it helps to have a partner...Hope this helps...

Tunrevir,

Get there early, they always have parking, though they might have to shuttle you. I throw out an anchor, If I can't get a dock spot.

Bring a partner (net man)!

Good luck happy your making it!

Turk

OK who's in? Let's get a roll call for the last St. Croix wallye tournament of the season. Croixeyes you got it in the bag? Good luck to all! Get some hogs!!!

Yea Turk ...........I wish it were that easy.I wont be able to get out on the Croix now til tourney day.The one thing i have goin is I havent pulled any big fish lately,maybe next saturday is the day to do it grin.gif.Anyway........IM IN....Hope to see you guys down at beanies Saturday morn.Oh yea and Tiger, I hope you still dont have that swing fixed yet smile.gifsmile.gif

I'm in. I wasn't able to fish this weekend either. Hope this year turns out better than the last for me. Can't wait for cannon ball run when they say "GO"

I am in but may be alone...my fishing partner is going to Disney land.......Where are his priorities? confused.gifconfused.gifgrin.gif

fishnbuddy

I'd give it a go, but all my fishin buddies are busy this weekend. Anybody lookin for a partner?

Turk, I'm in with the "Prodigy". We will be there early Saturday hoping to put a few fish in the boat. I figure if nothing else we will all learn something and that can't be half bad! Looking foreward to the weekend!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Great! Happy to see you guys making it!

Also they have door prizes that are pretty darn good. So even if the eyes don't show, stay and you'll win something! Plus you can chat with fellow anglers. I'll have a Limit Creek hat on- say hi.

Good luck!

I'm sad to say I won't make it frown.gif I'm leaving to the whitefish chain early wednesday morning, won't get back to cities till late sunday night. The tournament should have alot of fish weighed in the way they've been bitting. HOPE YOU ALL DO WELL AND STAY SAFE OUT THERE, see you on the water the 30th cool.gif unless you up north cool.gifcool.gif

Walli1, sorry you won't make it, Turk any little tidbits you want to share after the MWC tourney? Got the chubs and a few crawlers and will be testing the water with some select plastics too. I look forewards to meeting you and Croixeyes. I reallly am looking forewards to picking your brains a bit on the bite and why you fished the way that you chose. New water for me but I am so psyched to get down there and fish a bit with the guys that have the know how! Good luck Saturday,

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Tunrevir...Hey good to have you in the fall classic,ill be down there at six to register.Im afraid you might be disapointed in my stragety for fishing though,all I do is follow Turk around and catch the fish he misses grin.gif.Look forward to meeting some fmers down there.If you cant find me,ask Turk he can point me out,hes got an awesome pair of binoculars grin.gif....cu there .

Croixeyes, I am planning on gettting down there early to try and find a place to park. What ramp do you put in at? I was thinking the boathouse in Bayport or Beanies. I haven't put in over in Hudson hows that ramp/parking? I'll be the guy with the faded navy(currently grey blue hat with mickey mouse on it.) The logo fits my fishing style! More then likely, I'll be in my rainsuit from the sounds of things, Forest green and black come on over and say hello if you see me. Rain predicted, should jumpstart the shallow water bite a bit..

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

The Beachhouse in Bayport is a good launch,thats where I go most times.I dont know about the Hudson launch,its shallow but it may be alright.They put a new dock down there this year and that helps alot.Ill look for you down there on Sat.Im heading up north for the next two days to fish Pelican lake by Nisswa,Should be fun.Weather may well play a large roll in how I fish this tournament.....Good luck to all......

I'll make it, first time plans havn't unraveled for this tourney. Tan Crestliner. What is Beanies URL HTB

Croixeyes,

If I carry binoculars you carry a spotting scope! Shale says you always follow him and tailpipe him? Not sure who to believe?

I HAVE THE CURE FOR THAT TYPE OF FISHING. SWING UPWIND AT A SLOW PACE AND INCREASE THE OIL TO FUEL MIXTURE...if they can see you and still catch fish then the force must be with them! Hard to follow what you can't see especially if your eyes are watering from all of the blue smoke! grin.giftongue.gif

Tunrevir~