• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
eyepatrol

Just an observation

eyepatrol

While vacationing at Vermilion last week, my wife and I went to the Vince Schute Wildlife Sanctuary near Orr one of the days to look at bears. First time I've ever seen one close up. Man do those things have bellies on them....some nearly dragging on the ground. Kinda reminds me of myself! blush.gifgrin.gif

jbell1981

Quote:

First time I've ever seen one close up. Man do those things have bellies on them....some nearly dragging on the ground. Kinda reminds me of myself!

Was that white bear I seen really you? grin.gif Seriously, I was there a few weeks ago and some of those bears just get huge.

eyepatrol

A few of them did look pretty big, although I really don't know what "huge" is since I've never seem them close up before and I've never hunted them before. I don't have a clue on what the bigger ones weighed, but I would shoot a guess out there at maybe 350 or 400 pounds????

What does bear taste like anyway? Is it any good, or do ya pretty much hunt them for the hide and population management? (I have no clue)

harvey lee

There is nothing better than a bear roast IMO. smile.gif

perchking

Not a big fan of bear meat, but if it slow cooked and prepared like pulled pork it isn't bad. I think it is really rich and sweet.

The best thing about bears are when you gut them, they dont stink, dont ask me why they just dont.

Neiko

I will take a younger bear over venison anyday and I love venison.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• partyonpine
      Lonny or if someone else can answer do you charge more in Sept to make the special trips or is it the standard rate.  Also on a side note took my two citified nieces up there over the 4th for the day and we absolutely killed the Small mouth and even got a bonus trout, they have both asked when the next time we are going up there.  10 and 7.   Tumy  Also depends on what you are looking for, the bass fishing will be fantastic find island cast around said island catch 25 bass. HAH  The bluegills might be a little deeper that time of the year.  Walleyes I have two spots I would try that time of year but have never had much success in July and August, that also might be I do it for an hour and 5 pound small mouth start dancing through my head.  
    • srj
      We also ran into Fisky on the lake as well as at the weigh-in. He is a fun guy to share a boat seat with.....and catches lots of fish big and small. We had a 30 1/4 fairly early but struggled to find 18 - 19 inchers. Or 16 or 17's. We had 1 18 and finally kept two 14 1/2's as the day wound down.  Not getting nice unders was really unexpected. But color us very happy with the results. Good luck
    • rumeye
      Try these guy's they helped me out one time   https://www.warnersdock.com/ They are in New Richmond WI.
    • Chill62
      Awesome...Always was wondering what happened to him on here.  Sounds like the crappies are on fire back home and here I'm working day 9 straight
    • Wanderer
      If Minn Kota doesn’t supply them any longer, you should search the typical on line sales sites in case someone is advertising new old stock parts. I have a 55lb Maxxum on my fishing boat that needs a new armature.  MK doesn’t sell them anymore either.  I did find some new lower units available and some armatures.  I don’t have the serial number sticker on my TM anymore to know for sure what armature to get so I took mine to an electric motor shop to be rewound.  The cost is about the same as a new lower unit though. I might just as well get the lower unit with new seals and such but it is really a wash on price and everything else is in good shape. Check more resources if you haven’t already is my advice.  Good luck.
    • Joshua
      Hello,  I have an older model minn kota trolling motor.  Its a 1999 All Terrain Power Max 44lb Thrust.    I cannot seem to find a new foot pedal system for it. Should I just get a new trolling motor? Thanks in advance for any help
    • monstermoose78
      It’s the greatest experience to take a kid duck hunting on youth day. There is not enough kids out there to chase the ducks away. When I take kids o rarely see another person hunting. I wish they had youth day when I was a kid. Stop being selfish and give the kids a chance!
    • delcecchi
      I think that's a great way to do it.  Probably only takes a minute to put it on or take it off. 
    • Pat McGraw
      The guy I bought our place from had an 1/8" cable right down the center of the whole dock. I'll likely move towards a more invisible, section by section approach. However, the full length cable setup has been effective and not as intrusive as one may imagine. Really easy to fasten all the sections at once. May be able to see in the attached
    • DLD24
      Headed north to a little perch and walleye lake this morning. The day didn't start the greatest, go to take off from the landing and the boat porpoised like a mofo... Ah crap forgot the plug haha haven't done that one in a few years... The day got better from there, we found fish stacked up on the wind blown weed line... There were so many fish I assumed they were schools of big perch, but they were mostly smaller walleyes with some real nice keepers mixed in... Crawlers under a bobber were the ticket... They would hardly touch a leech.