• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Greetings - From the new guy

Hi, I grew up on MN on Lake Minnetonka (Cooks Bay). Was there for 20 years. Then moved to Sac CA for 20 years. Now I am back and in Rochester MN.

Have been here for several months. I fish at Cascade Lake where we rent a Town House. I catch 12" to 14" bass if I am lucky.

I would love to get out and hit some new spots. I read a post about Fishing last Mon or Tuesday so thought I would register and see if anyone wants to hit Cascade with me or they are looking for someone to hit some other lakes with.

Currently I am shore bound. I have been the stay at home dad, but I have a bit of time on my hands as my wife is off work and she is good about letting me get out and fish.

We love camping as well. Just got back from a 19 day trip to Yellowstone/Hellena MT. Did not get a chance to fish.

I use 2500 Shimano Spincasts. I just bought a Shimano Calcuta Baitcast on sale for a pretty darn good price, got a rod off ebay for it, but have not learned how to use it properly. I throw knots...

I am a 40 year old Father, husband, Christian with a wife and two boys.

I will put my email address in my profile or you can reply here if interested in getting together.

Peace and Blessings

Hey Mac! Welcome to F.M./H.S.O.! I'm glad you found us and looking forward to meeting you.

The Cascade Lake you refered to- is that in C.C.M.? If so I grew up out there in the '60s and '70s, Awesome fishing. Now about the only time I fish out there is in the winter.

Let's see what we can do about that throwing knot problem you got eh? grin.gif

Welcome to FM Mac. Now with Fall coming on I hope to get out to Zumbro some evening. If my 4 year old doesn't go, I'll give you a hollar. Cascade offers pretty decent fishing as Dan said. Plenty of decent shore fishing options around Rochester to keep one occupied. Just keep asking questions and you'll be set in no time.

Andy

Tim i looked for your e-mail in the profile and didn't find one. Any way cascade or Country club Manor pits are somewhat of a sleeper lakes in my opinion for bass and if i new your e-mail i would tell you why smirk.gifwink.gifsmirk.gif Welcome to Rochester and welcome to fishingmn. I am a youth pastor at the marion church of christ just south of town would love to see you and your family. Get that e-mail up and we can talk more. good luck ike

Tim/Mac,

Welcome aboard here on HotSpotOutdoors and FishingMinnesota.com. I think you’ll fit right in here.

Just an FYI, you will also hear people calling Cascade Lake, the Country Club Manor Pits (CC Pits) and there are a lot of FMers that frequent that body of water so you should be able to find some good information.

They have big plans for Cascade Lake, so I’m sure it will be changing a bit, but which pond do you fish most often? Last year there were 3 ponds, but the northmost (largest of the 3) seemed to have the best action with the southmost having a little better sized fish (This is all according to my findings). Now there are a few more pits closer to Hwy 52 that hold fish. Sometime soon, they are supposed to connect all these pits and make a big park around the lake.

There are at least 5-6 lakes within 15 minutes of Roch that provide decent shore bass fishing. I’m sure within a few weeks of reading FM, you’ll find reports on a few of them.

Do you enjoy catching panfish? Cascade Lake is chuck full of gills and crappies and they can be a blast to catch when you get into them. I had some really good outings last year of over 100 fish days. I haven’t made it out there yet this year, but I’d like to change that sooner than later.

Enjoy this site and looking forward to meeting you and reading your fishing posts.

Greetings,

Thank you for the kind welcome and it will be nice to meet some anglers here.

Cascade lake as I know it; I am not from Rochester, is the ones at Hwy 22 and 2nd st. Just accross from the golf course and next to avalon cove town houses where I am.

CCM? You got me stumped... smile.gif The other night I caught 8 bass 12"+ and the next I caught 4 bass 12"+.

The Calcutta has some great reviews and people love it for the price. So it must be me that is doing everything wrong. Had a dummy casting lure for the yard but can not find it.

Peace and Blessings

Greetings, and thanks for the welcome. I put my email on my sig. Not complete just in case some auto thing comes through here, but just add the .com to it and I should get it.

I would be interested in going most any place local. Bass or Northern, though I am not presently set up for Northern. But I sure do enjoy hitting a deep drop off with a slip bobber down to 40' or so. It can be slow, but never boring.

I have walked much of the shore line of Cascade and found two very good bass spots. I also caught this lateral striped gold and yellow fish with midnight blue fins. It was not carp like. It hit my line like a ton of bricks. Was maybe two pounds and took twice as long to get in as a bass would. I have no idea what it was. Small mouth Buffalo, Small mouth Yellow bass, what? Did not have my camera phone to take pic. Angled predator like mouth, rounded bow back, thiner rather than thicker...?

Peace and Blessings

Greetings, and thank you for the welcome.

Wish I had a depth finder for CCLs. Must be very deep in parts as it is an old quory (sp?)?

Email says in my profile the one to show admins and the one to show in posts. They are the same, but the one does not show in posts. Not seeing how I can find others email addresses either? I click on thier or your name and does not show it in the profile?

Sounds like we definatly have something Good to talk about while fishing. We have been blessed richly.

Peace and Blessings

Greetings, and thank you much for the welcome.

Yes, I hear the dozers or the dump trucks slaming thier gate over and over and over as they pull away after a dump. They have closed off the southern most one unto itself. I started before the bass season their for Crappies and Sunnies. I dont fish for pan fish much as I catch and Release. Also, I am not sure how clean that water is? More concerned about toxic or heavy metals, though I know that with pan fish this is not that big of an issue. But I have kids and heavy metals reek havoc on their systems...

I have since after the bass open, and the weeds started growing, been fishing the larger northern lake with the private launch. I fish the cove where the eastern one dams into it or hump it over the burm and fish the south side of the northern lake. That is where I caught that small mouth buffalo fish or what ever it was.

Will have to check out the other options for easy fishing lakes here.

Peace and blessings