• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

North Metro Taxidermist Needed

nitroant

Question

Before anybody gets on me about this I will lay out what happened. I was on a metro lake yesterday and we were sitting on the dock and saw this huge crappie swimming around, it looked like it was having trouble swimming around, we could see there was a ding in the side of the crappie, which we assume was from a prop. A little while later the crappie was being washed up tword shore, so I went in and got it. It had passed on at that point but was still "fresh". Its a large 14" crappie and its thick. I want to mount this fish not to call my own, but to honor this fish for makinging it to that size in a metro lake. Plus it will look good in my office. I have never had a fish mounted but have called around for some prices this morning, but wanted to know if anybody can recommed a place in the north metro area.

Thanks for your help.

7 answers to this question

Jack's Taxidermy in Coon Rapids

He does an awesome job on crappies as well.

Tell him Chris sent ya. wink.gif

Chris-

Thanks for the info. I need a little more info, I sent you an e-mail.

I went with the suggestion from Chris. Dropped the fish off the other night. The displays that he has of other crappies are great. Don't have mine back yet obviously, but if it looks anything like the displays it going to be great.

I would recommend Dwight at Wilderness Taxidermy in Maple Grove. He has done 2 bear skin rugs, Wood Duck, Northern, Salmon, and walleye for me. Have been happy with all of the mounts.