• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Carlos Silva #52

bassNspear

I think you really need to start questioning Silva's desire. He is pitching a gem and he pulls himself because of an upset stomach. Give me a break - we're in the middle of a playoff race - suck it up!!! I think if Silva goes one more inning the Twins win that game.

FI

He has a bad attitude! He was giving up all of those home runs lately and he acted like it didn't even bother him on the mound! I mentioned this in another post... Not a big fan of his!!

what is he supposed to do while on the mound and he gives up a homerun? Best thing you can do is instantly forget about it since it sure isn't coming back. Same thing when a QB throws an INT. Just let it go and move on to the next hitter.

In the last few pages of this thread everyone was upset beucse he was always left out there to long. Well in this case he gave them 6 innings, we all know that its just a matter of time until he gives up a HR so why not get your good 6 innings and get out before things go sour on you which has happened time and time again with this guy.

After he left with a 2 run lead I though game over, with our bullpen I thought it was a fine move and it was a move you all were asking for earlier this week.

It wasn't so much that it was a fine move, he TOLD the pitching coach and Gardy that he had an upset stomach and to take him out! Rick Anderson was quoted in todays paper regarding this and didn't seem to impressed by Silva's toughness!!! I'm guessing you didn't see this? Nonetheless, Silva is so unpredictable that there is no way he would be a starter in our "possible' playoff rotation.

If you have to puke on the mound, do it, who cares. He would have felt better after the fact. This guy is a joke.

He is a total headcase. This is the third time this year he has either asked or demanded to come out of a game. I have never seen that from another pitcher on the mound when there is no apparent injury-related reason for hanging it up. Gardy and Anderson are fed up with this guy. I am too. Suck it up dude. Have some guts! Shoot-much as I could not stand "Lohsey", he never pulled this garbage. No, I don't want him back here, either...

Maybe Twins fans will get lucky and the toad will have an icky tummy and not wanna get outta bed.

Oh well, on the bright side we can run someone else out there, as Silva will get yanked by the fourth or fifth...

Silva pitched 7 solid inning and gave up only one run tonight. Pretty good against a tough Oakland team. Hot or cold, we are going to need Silva during this post-season push.

I've gotta keep this up, I badmouth Hunter... he gets hot! I badmouth Silva... he pitches good, again!! I'm happy those guys made me eat crow! grin.gif

I'm gladly eating a plate of cold crow myself. It's not so bad with a little mustard. grin.gif

That's two good starts in a row for him. Hopefully he's able to turn it around the last few weeks. We could really use it.

Mustard goes good with my Green and Gold too.

Hmmmm....what happened to Windy LATELY? After all, Jenks did put one on the board for them last night keeping it a 3-team race.

I've been thinking the same thing as what Trainman and a couple others have mentioned...we need Silva to be pitching well for the playoffs. We're already (hopefully) going to have Liriano in the rotation...I don't think we want another rookie out there (Garza) in a playoff rotation. With Radke out, we need Silva to pitch in between Santana and Liriano in the playoff rotation to give the other team a different look.

Yeah, he's had a bad year...but with Radke out, the Twins are going to be relying on Silva to pitch well down the stretch and in the playoffs. We'd better all hope he continues to pitch well (as in his last two starts).

jenks also gave up another run in the 9th as well. I thought he was going to blow his 3rd in a row after giving up those hits to start the inning.

He hung on to get his 40th save though which is impressive for a young guy.

Silva threw like 90% fastballs last night which is actually good to see. He got a lot of groundball outs meaning his sinker is working. They changed the grip on it and it seems to be working. Two good starts in a row. I'll have to see more of it though before I want him in our playoff rotation.

As of right now, if Liriano is effective. I would take Santana, Boof, and Liriano. Let Silva sit in the bullpen for long relief or as a backup to Boof if the rookie can't handle to playoff pressure.

It sounded like if we make the playoffs and things work out right Gardy said he would be sending the two leftys back to back. I guess I'am not sure how smart that would be. What do you guys think?

I say if there is still gas in their tanks, then pour it out and make it tougher for the other team to put out the fire!

I don't really understand the concern about having Santana & Liriano pitching back-to-back. They seemed to do juuuuuust fine earlier this summer when they were together in the rotation. I'd much rather have that 1-2 punch in the playoffs than anyone else going after Santana - it gives the Twinkies a good chance at a 2-0 lead.

As of right now i would rather see boof in the playoff rotation than silva, although that could change over the next couple weeks, i think boof will give you 5+ solid innings almost every time he goes out there whereas if silvas sinker isn't working which has been alot this year, the twins don't have much of a chance in that game.

Yeah, I will say I was more than pleasantly surprised-I'll say shocked, by Silvas performance. Two helpings of birdie pie, to go please. Man it would be so huge if he could do that on even an every three or four starts!! Lets hope 'Cisco can go 5 or 6 tomorrow afternoon...

Its a no brainer, if you are in the playoffs, you pitch your best pitchers. That means Santana then Liriano no matter what. You could then pitch them in game 4 and 5 if need be. friendly

Three good outings in a row for Silva. Man, this would be huge if he's got things turned around for the stretch run.

Once again, a guy I bash on and hard (much like like Hunter) is coming through in a big way for this team down the stretch! I guess it's a marathon and we just have to hope that in the end everybody contributes...

Hey Buzzsaw...back in Aug you told Baker to beat it...He did

, the Indians today. Add another to the list of bashing that has turned thier game around...Can we start bashing Nevin??????????Let's see if that will work.

I don't remember bashing him, but I sense a theme here and will say that Nevin bites!! So does Morneau, Mauer, Punto, Redmond, Bartlett and thats all for now... tongue.gif man I can sense a 20 run Twins win coming! grin.gif