• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mille Lacs in the fall

love to hunt

Needless to say come September I usually put away the boat and get my tree stand out for bow season. However I have heard stories about the eye's in the fall on Mile Lacs. My dad seems to think this would be worth a try.

Can any one shed some validity on this and provide a fellow with some spots and tatics for fall eye's.

The fall bite on Mille Lacs is one of the best of the year and something I look forward to every open water season. I typically focus on the night time trolling but there are several opportunities to catch fish during the day as well. Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] for some more information.

You bet. Already got a couple trips planned, got a couple more in the works. Won't be too long now .......

I'm going to give it a try Sunday.

Starting the middle of September it's twice a week until I'm tired of it or freeze up. Whichever happens first.

Hey guys I am getting all my ready to go. I have a couple of question. Last fall we tried around indian and shermans point on the west side. We didn't have much luck. I guess my question is what kind of bottom are the walleyes relating to this time of year sand,rock,gravel,weed lines mud. Also where would be a good place time to start this time of year. I think we have the right presentatrion just wrong structure or location. My last question is for any musky hunters out there. Wheres a good place to start looking for these monsters this time of year, would really like to hook into one at night I think it would be wild.

Thanks for helping a rookie guys.

It normally starts now. I think any wind blown rock piles will have the fish and a simple bobber/leech or bobber/minnow works. laugh.gif

Pretty nice looking moon out there last night .... blush.gif

I hear water temps have gotten into the 60's ..... ooo.gif

Need to start getting caught up on my sleep, going to hit it 1 or 2 nights this weekend, just to see ..... wink.gif

eyes54 - I mostly just troll in the fall --- or only troll in the fall. Indian Point is a great spot if it's not covered by bobber guys but I've never tried off Sherman's Point. Right in Shaboshkong bay in front of the public access is a well-known hot spot in the fall. I fish weeds a lot, 4-8 fow most of the time. If you can find weeds and rocks together, hold on. Lots of guys hit the rocks on the E and SE sides.

The only pattern I have for muskies when night trolling for walleyes is the bigger the bait, the better. The only muskie I had last year and all my biggest pike came on stick baits like a #12 HJ or a Limited Edition Rogue (bigger than a normal Rogue). Last year guys were joking to not use a #14 HJ unless you wanted a ski to take it. The musky we had last year came on one of the Myr Mar reefs.