• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
love to hunt

Mille Lacs in the fall

love to hunt

Needless to say come September I usually put away the boat and get my tree stand out for bow season. However I have heard stories about the eye's in the fall on Mile Lacs. My dad seems to think this would be worth a try.

Can any one shed some validity on this and provide a fellow with some spots and tatics for fall eye's.

Team Otter

The fall bite on Mille Lacs is one of the best of the year and something I look forward to every open water season. I typically focus on the night time trolling but there are several opportunities to catch fish during the day as well. Shoot me an e-mail at info@tightlinesguiding.com for some more information.

Team Otter

Is everyone ready for the fall run?

PerchJerker

You bet. Already got a couple trips planned, got a couple more in the works. Won't be too long now .......

Team Otter

I'm starting to pace. grin.gif

Koldfront Kraig

I'm going to give it a try Sunday.

Starting the middle of September it's twice a week until I'm tired of it or freeze up. Whichever happens first.

eyes54

Hey guys I am getting all my ready to go. I have a couple of question. Last fall we tried around indian and shermans point on the west side. We didn't have much luck. I guess my question is what kind of bottom are the walleyes relating to this time of year sand,rock,gravel,weed lines mud. Also where would be a good place time to start this time of year. I think we have the right presentatrion just wrong structure or location. My last question is for any musky hunters out there. Wheres a good place to start looking for these monsters this time of year, would really like to hook into one at night I think it would be wild.

Thanks for helping a rookie guys.

fishinalot

It normally starts now. I think any wind blown rock piles will have the fish and a simple bobber/leech or bobber/minnow works. laugh.gif

PerchJerker

Pretty nice looking moon out there last night .... blush.gif

I hear water temps have gotten into the 60's ..... ooo.gif

Need to start getting caught up on my sleep, going to hit it 1 or 2 nights this weekend, just to see ..... wink.gif

eyes54 - I mostly just troll in the fall --- or only troll in the fall. Indian Point is a great spot if it's not covered by bobber guys but I've never tried off Sherman's Point. Right in Shaboshkong bay in front of the public access is a well-known hot spot in the fall. I fish weeds a lot, 4-8 fow most of the time. If you can find weeds and rocks together, hold on. Lots of guys hit the rocks on the E and SE sides.

The only pattern I have for muskies when night trolling for walleyes is the bigger the bait, the better. The only muskie I had last year and all my biggest pike came on stick baits like a #12 HJ or a Limited Edition Rogue (bigger than a normal Rogue). Last year guys were joking to not use a #14 HJ unless you wanted a ski to take it. The musky we had last year came on one of the Myr Mar reefs.