• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for ducks for training...

Blaze

Anyone know where (preferably in N or NW metro) you can buy some ducks for dog training? I've checked Oakwood and one other place with no success.

Thanks,

Blaze

Blaze,

Its not in the North but near Mankato. His card is at home but I can send you the contact info when I'm home tonite? Leave me your e-mail & I'll send it to you later.

Regards,

Chris

You could also try the local game farm in Hugo. You could buy them live and tele them away or hunt a couple up and use it after. Another thing to do is save one from last year in the freezer.

Chris - yes, please do send me his contact info. My email is ##removed## - remove the ## before & after. I did find a site online that has ducks for sale, so that may also work. I need LIVE ducks to train for searches.

Which game farm is in Hugo?

Thanks for the input,

Blaze

Blaze,

Sent you the info this AM. I got to busy last night trying to ramp up for Cubscout recruitment next week. But anyway let me know if you got it?

Are you training for a NAVHDA UT test? I'm in the process of training for the UT test. I took the month of Aug. off of training because of the heat,but I need to get back on it in Sept. here before the real season comes. I got really lucky & have a Griffon that is just crazy about searching for ducks.

Regards,

Chris

Chris - you've got mail. Not training for NAVHDA, but very similar testing. I have a DD and we have another breed club test the 2nd wkend in Sept. Shoot me an email again when you get a chance - maybe we could get together and work the pups. I'd love to see your Griff work.

Thanks,

Blaze