• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Please Read Lost Dog

duckslayer27

On thursday at about 4:00 P.M I saw a 5 month old (looks like a pure breed) Black Lab almost get hit by a car on Hwy 23. I Pulled over and the dog came to me when i said come. I spent the next hour and a half going from door to door trying to find the owner. I found the dog on the north side of Long Lake near Hawick MN on my way home from work in Willmar. I live in Cold Spring so i stopped at the Paynseville Police department and they said they couldn't take it because it wasn't there area. I called the radio stations in the area to put out the word that i had the dog. I called both the kandiyohi Sheriff and the Willmar Police department and none of them would take it. I have called the pounds to let them know i have it. Here is what i am asking of the readers. If you know whos dog it is give me a call. If you know of someone who could give this dog a good home let me know. I have a 14 month old lab/chesepeke mix and do not have time to train a new puppy because we are expecting a little one in October. I know bad planning it is hunting season. I did play fetch with the puppy tonight and it seems someone has done some work with the dog. A good home is all i am looking for. It is a male and like i said it is between 5 and 8 months old. Thanks for reading and good luck hunting. i can be reached by email at [email protected]

Good News

Found the owner. He was glad to here i got ahold of the dog. Just glad to see this worked out for him and the dog. He said the dog lost its tags about 2 days ago and that it must of got out of the kennel yesturday afternoon. I know my dog has got loose once before. Glad to see stuff like this work out the way it should.

If its happened before to this guy, I would recommend that the owner get the dog microchipped.

Good work, slayer! Glad to hear he's back home again.

I think this should serve as a pre-season wake up call for those of us who need to get our dogs tagged appropriately. As I read this, I took it as a REMINDER FOR MYSELF to make sure my dog has his proper ID tag, rabies tag, etc. on him ALL THE TIME in case something like this should happen at home or in the middle of nowhere (ie, ND grin.gif ).

Thanks, slayer.

K 95 radio station. If your dog gets lost or you find one in the willmar area put word out on the k 95 radio station or the River and they broadcast it over the air. Worked this time. Not sure if other radio stations around the state do this but it seems to work.

A little late but I want to tell you that I think the trouble you went to to find the dogs owner is great. As a dog owner, thanks. I hope someday I'll be able to help someone out in a time of need like you did.

I got to second what Redlantern said. It's good to know that theres good guys out there like you that go through the trouble of finding the owner. Good Job!!!