• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vexilar repair in SW metro

Deepinthewoods

Question

I am aware of several retail repair shops in the north metro (MSP). Are there any in the west or SW parts of town?

I am aware I could send the fish finder to Vexilar in Bloomington, but I am looking for a walk-in place.

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

That place is a walk in place. I don't recall the name but I brought mine in last year and they bench tested it and made the repairs while I waited. The place was kind of hard to find because its located in a new buisness park area. GL HTB

Indeed, bring it to the Vexilar headquarters, you will not be disappointed. I had a unit with a cracked face plate (from my abuse) and they fixed it while I waited, and even threw a hat and some stickers my way.

On another occasion, I had a transducer I suspected was going bad. They tested it on the spot, and gave me a new one, no charge.

Went to Vexilar and couldn't be happier.

Walked right in, the guy tried a repair so it would save me some $$$. No go, so I purchased a new transducer/cable. Was out of there in no time.

FYI, about 4 years ago they moved from 88th St in Bloomington to their current location on Old Shakopee Road. Much easier to find (not that I looked up the address on the Internet and went to the old location first).

Every winter, my kinfolk in So. Dak. do horrible things to their Vex's and send them with me to take to the Vexilar service center. I've had total rebuilds for the price of parts. They put a new motor on one that was worn out and several years old for no cost. They reconditionned one that hadn't filed a flight plan when it flew out of the back of the truck. Cleaned and freshed out one that had been stored in a snowbank in the back of a truck. We've also bought a few factory reconditioned ones there at a good price. All the repairs were done while I waited so a second trip wasn't needed. Great people and service... ( the girls behind the counter love chocolate donuts. I've gotten several free hats. laugh.gif)