• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Camping near Duluth / Lake Superior

Hi,

I'm new to the state and am looking for a good place to camp on fairly short notice (so, the state parks in the area are out). We have a free weekend and I'd like to head north.

We like to fish and hike. Dogs would have to be allowed. No need for hookups (we're just tenting) but modern bathrooms / showers would be nice. Finally, we prefer cart-in like seclusion over high density campgrounds.

Has anyone tried Indian Point, Gunflint Pines, or Lamb's resort?

Thanks!

The seclusion and modern facilities combo will be hard to come by. If it's seclusion, try a state forest campground. Modern facilities, there's a couple campgrounds up the scenic drive, a couple in West Duluth and a couple outside of Superior. I have not stayed at any of the ones you listed, but I'm sure someone here has.

Have a great time!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Right, you won't find seclusion when theres showers near by. The USFS campgrounds have sites that are spaced far enough apart that your not on top one another. They have running water too, you just have to run and get it. grin.gif